ForumsWEPRAnimals to be slaughtered,tortured.

36 6861
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Many animals bred to be slaughtered,when young have their tails cut and sharp tooth pulled out,castrated without any painkillers.

They spent their days in living hell,unable to feel sunlight at their backs.

the most tortured animals,excluding fishes,will be chickens.

once,my mum brought a CD from a temple(i'm a buddist)
which shows cruelty of animals in those places.

it's shows a pig,limbs being chopped and skinned while fully conscious,blinking it eyes and screaming.

cows are hung upside down when killed.throats slid.

discuss how we can stop it and why should we stop animal cruelty to those to be slaughtered,even if they are brought up to be fed to us,humans.

• 36 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think that slaughtered is an extremist term. And tortured? I don't think so. I have not hurt of any animals being tortured. I mean, usually that is used for interrogation, WAIT, i can see it now:

*Deep Voice* As we zoom in upon the prison cell, the crys of the Sheep face the shouts of the Interrogator.

Interrogator: WERE THE HELL WERE YOU LAST NIGHT WHEN THE BOMB WENT OFF.

Sheep: Baaaaaaaah

Interrogator: DON'T GIVE ME THAT SH1T, I KNOW THAT YOU WERE INVOLVED AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU DID AND WERE THE OTHERS ARE. *Thrusts knife into sheep*.

Sheep: Baaaaaaaaah

Interrogator: I am giving you one last chance you imperialist b@stard, WERE ARE YOUR TERRORIST FRIENDS AND WHAT OTHER KINDS OF WEAPONS DO YOU HAVE.

Sheep: Baaaaaaaaah

Interrogator: ARRRGGGHHHHHH *Burns cut with acidic and kills the sheep minutes later* Serves you right you j@ck@ss, IT SERVES YOU RIGHT D@MNIT.

I don't think so...

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

I say that animals should not be hurt in anyway unless they need to be hurt probaly for medicial reasons.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

they shouldn't be hurt,we are already eating their FLESH and MEAt,wat more do we want?torture them fro the sake of fun?for money?

Survival of the fittest?!
BAH!

i'll like to see you in a cage with tigers and they'll show you wat's survival of the fittest

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

@Ricador

that's rubbish.go to peta and watch those videos
stop spamming and writing rubbish in forums PLZ.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Its a harsh world and the fact is humans are the kings of it. However that doesnt give us the right to treat other animals badly even if we are going to kill them. That would like a cannibal saying we are going to eat this human for supper so we might aswell make sure h elives a crappy life.

cooldude99778
cooldude99778
201 posts
Nomad

it is soooo wrong. animals should have just as much rights as people

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@cooldude
I am so not going to let a duck run for president, let alone vote for one.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

@shermx: First of all "stop spamming the forums" was bold of you because i never spam and that comment was not spam. It was a sarcastic way of saying that tortured was an extremist way of saying things because of what the true meaning is and what it is used for. And also, some videos on some website could be faked. So over all what i did was ok because i was saying something just in an overly sarcastic way to nail in a point. So as for animals being killed (not slaughtered) yes but torture...i don't think so. So shermx shut up and stop saying sh1t about people when they know what they are talking about and you don't. K?

FishermanJE
FishermanJE
38 posts
Nomad

Who cares slaughter them and eat them.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Thats a very narrow minded view to have fishermanJE.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

how bout i bashed u up?
and say nah it's not torture,it's socialing.

ooooo i'm not spamming just putting things in a sracastic way
=)

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

you should go to www.dictionary.com and search for wat's torture.

since you consider interrogating as torture,
i suppose all police interrogates suspects,don't they?

Anyway,some sadistic workers at the abbatoir hit animals and use electric prods to make them walk,

those pigs that are "considered" a waste of resources as they are too small,are stepped on , stpped to death,in a sense.

i totally disagree that "whatever they do,the meat comes out tasty i don't mind"

(sometimes i really wonder if outbreaks of animal diseases to human are caused by these factor,maybe it's my imagination.)

The animals are already sacrificing their lives for us.
sacrificing so people who have MONEY, money that gives them rights to eat them,(don't you find that absurd?)

their lives,for us to eat them,on plates and in a burger.

if animals were killed in a ethical way,i would totally have no objection to people eating meat,altough i eat meat,but hate the thoguht of it.

Animals should have the same rights as human,not so much as to become a president,as suggested..

they should have the very,very basic rights to not be treated with disdain,animals are such kind and cute creatures.but workers just have to be such an @ss and kick and beat them.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

@devoidless

I can't find a jovial way for animals to die,but,
slaughterhouses should at least ensure that animals are rendered unconscious before handling them for food.
and,slaughterhouse should minimise the intake of medification to animals if possible and ensure that adequate food and watter supply is given to them.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

@Ricador: the sheep interrogation was hilarious. You should break out that creative streak more often.

@FishermanJE: To an extent, I agree. Humans are carnivores; we're supposed to eat meat. I'm not going to get all choked up thinking that my steak was once a cow (actually, having met a few cows, I'd probably cheer). But there's no reason for wanton cruelty (I know you didn't advocate that, it just fit the flow).

@shermzx: PETA has done some good things in the past, but I take anything I hear from them with a boulder-sized grain of salt. Most of what they do is propaganda or attention-seeking. I agree that there's no point in being cruel to animals, but having been to beef farms and having seen hogs raised, I'm not sure where these accusations of cruelty are coming from. Are some cattle-raisers cruel? Probably, but then you should be railing against that small subset, not the whole industry.

I'm also always confused when people claim we shouldn't give medication to animals. "No antibiotics in my meat!" is a slogan for Chipotle (or something close to that). I read those and think "Yea, I'd rather eat a steak that came from a sick cow instead of a cow that got it's amoxicillian". I mean, how is no medication for animals good for A ) the meat and B ) the suffering of the animal?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

PETA has done some good things in the past, but I take anything I hear from them with a boulder-sized grain of salt. Most of what they do is propaganda or attention-seeking.

It's a bit like Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. The role, as a pressure-activist, is to get people talking, and to get them to notice things. However I am pretty sure that some of those PETA activists actually do believe some of the rather exaggerated stances they're taking. But that the things they say aren't entirely true isn't what ultimately affects their impact, see?

Are some cattle-raisers cruel? Probably, but then you should be railing against that small subset, not the whole industry.

Yeah, in order to criticise the industry, one has to make more principled claims, attacking the standards or the nature of the industry as a whole. Ethical vegetarianism is one such stance.

I'm also always confused when people claim we shouldn't give medication to animals.

I think that these people assume that a sick cow has no chance of being made into meat. Which, as things stand, is really not the case.

As you've said too, one has to wonder how 'naturalist' sentiments really relate to value. That one freedom can be denied (e.g. cage hens) does not necessarily come without benefits (not having to worry about getting swooped on by a hawk), a finding that can be actually scientifically supported, so long as standards of care are adhered to.
Showing 16-30 of 36