ForumsGamesWhich Assassin's Creed should I get?

20 5706
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I only want to buy one, I've played the first one. I don't care as much about multi player, I'd like ports and ships if possible. I love side quests, and I'd like a good storyline, that is engaging.
Which of the games should I get?

• 20 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

atleast don't take the last 1 revelations or something.
it's story is VERY short.
i enjoyed AC:Brotherhood most.
but you might not be able to follow the story entirely. because you drop in halfway.
i think you can better wait for AC3. it wont take a full year befor it gets released. =)

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I only want to buy one, I've played the first one. I don't care as much about multi player, I'd like ports and ships if possible. I love side quests, and I'd like a good storyline, that is engaging.

If you need it right nao, get ACII. Story-wise and whatnot it'll be a smooth transition.

If you're willing to wait, hit up AC3 when it comes out. It's one of the few promising games coming out this fall, and is looking to blow the AC series out of the water again.

-Chillz
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Hmm. I've looked at ACIII, and looked at ACII. ACIII's debut will make it more costly, so ACII is cheaper, but the third will certainly have some interesting prospects.
Okay, now the question is:
Is it better to buy ACII now and wait for III to quieten down a bit in the price range? Or is it better to hold out for ACIII instead?

RoFrizzy
RoFrizzy
6 posts
Nomad

Well, I really think that Assassin's Creed III is Pretty Cool.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

The first game was awful. I agree with not going for the latest one.

I think the best out of the series is II. Go for ACII and if you love it, then consider ACIII.

It's best to play them in the series to follow the story line :]

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I have played them all and to be honest I thought 1 was pretty good. Just because it was all new. There wasn't a title like this and it was original. The missions were a little repetitive but that didn't matter for me,
But I'd say wait for III or buy II. Don't go for Brotherhood or Revelations, unless you don't care about the story ad just want to stab people.

mitsakoszzz
mitsakoszzz
16 posts
Nomad

you should wait for ac3

it's pretty cool and i heard that desmond's story will end in this game

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

it's pretty cool and i heard that desmond's story will end in this game

Wouldn't it make more sense to start at the beginning then?

Actually, no, skip AC1. Watch an LP or something or read a plot synopsis. It's absolute trite, skip ahead to AC2, an incredible game that did everything right where the original fell on its face.

-Chillz
ayosuaa
ayosuaa
26 posts
Nomad

why don't you search for the gameplay/trailer/the pros&cons, and you decide which one is the best for you.

Lurq_Shift
Lurq_Shift
1 posts
Nomad

Well you have two options here. You could buy Assassins creed 2 (Which is about 15 USD) or wait for Assassins creed 3. If i were you i wouldnt buy Brotherhood or Revelations because you wouldnt understand the story behind them. Reason i'm saying go for Assassins creed 3 is because they are going to have a fresh story behind it so you wont get confused.

mattzor
mattzor
41 posts
Nomad

wait for number 3 but if you don't want to wait get brotherhood

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

AC II or Brotherhood. Look up gameplay and reviews. Imo those are the best ones, but I can't recommend one over the other.

116 posts
Nomad

I'd say go in order of the games, go through them all for the campaign

abrazilanposer
abrazilanposer
10 posts
Shepherd

Every single Assassin's Creed is worth a play. I believe Assassin's Creed to be one of the best game series there is.

HafizDjskill84
HafizDjskill84
1 posts
Nomad

The latest one should do the deal

Showing 1-15 of 20