Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

NOTICE: Password, Logging In, and Updating Profile

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 2:55pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

IMPORTANT: If you update your profile do not leave "Update Password" blank. Fill in your password or you will have to reset your password when you want to log in later.

This affects Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. It might also affect all other browsers and is likely a problem with Armor Games and not your computer or browser.

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 3:11pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

I was going to update my profile later today... thank you for the warning! I don't think I can memorize a new password!

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 3:51pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,811 posts

actually i had to leave the change password blank because it would change my password otherwise, at least i'm pretty sure

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 4:00pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

728 posts

IMPORTANT: If you update your profile do not leave "Update Password" blank. Fill in your password or you will have to reset your password when you want to log in later.

How long has this been a problem? Could you perhaps make it say something like that near the Submit Button, so all of AG will know?

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 5:32pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Could you perhaps make it say something like that near the Submit Button, so all of AG will know?

Only admins can alter the coding to add something like that, and if they were here to add such a feature, they could just as easily fix the problem at hand!

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 6:53pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,540 posts

Knight

How long has this been a problem?

I first noticed it last Thursday night, which was the 16th (the thread says it was midnight on the 17th, but I'm three hours behind AG time); and I don't think I was the first to experience the problem. I don't recall there being any documented cases of anyone experiencing this difficulty before August 16.

I just wish I had known how to solve this without going through that entire password fiasco. Should this be made a sticky to avoid later confusion? No one will read it, but at least we can redirect them to it if it comes up in a new thread.

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 7:07pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

4,850 posts

Should this be made a sticky to avoid later confusion?

I bolster this petition.

No one will read it, but at least we can redirect them to it if it comes up in a new thread.

My crystal ball show me that youre right...^^

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 7:55pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

Not stickying this for now because people seem to skip over the stickies first. It's pretty much become a bad habit for too many people. You're only supposed to skip over them after you've read them, so I'm not sure why new users do this, when stickies contain the important stuff in any forum.

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 9:36pm

AatosLiukkonen

AatosLiukkonen

67 posts

A day late and a dollar short, eh Gantic?

Bye bye to EnterOrion at any rate. At least for a while until this whole mess is cleared up.

Posted Aug 22, '12 at 12:29am

shock457

shock457

470 posts

I keep on updating my profile, but nothing happens to the log in. Must be fixed already.

Reply to NOTICE: Password, Logging In, and Updating Profile

You must be logged in to post a reply!