ForumsSupport ForumNOTICE: Password, Logging In, and Updating Profile

54 9806
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

IMPORTANT: If you update your profile do not leave "Update Password" blank. Fill in your password or you will have to reset your password when you want to log in later.

This affects Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. It might also affect all other browsers and is likely a problem with Armor Games and not your computer or browser.

• 54 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I was going to update my profile later today... thank you for the warning! I don't think I can memorize a new password!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

actually i had to leave the change password blank because it would change my password otherwise, at least i'm pretty sure

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

IMPORTANT: If you update your profile do not leave "Update Password" blank. Fill in your password or you will have to reset your password when you want to log in later.

How long has this been a problem? Could you perhaps make it say something like that near the Submit Button, so all of AG will know?
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Could you perhaps make it say something like that near the Submit Button, so all of AG will know?

Only admins can alter the coding to add something like that, and if they were here to add such a feature, they could just as easily fix the problem at hand!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

How long has this been a problem?

I first noticed it last Thursday night, which was the 16th (the thread says it was midnight on the 17th, but I'm three hours behind AG time); and I don't think I was the first to experience the problem. I don't recall there being any documented cases of anyone experiencing this difficulty before August 16.

I just wish I had known how to solve this without going through that entire password fiasco. Should this be made a sticky to avoid later confusion? No one will read it, but at least we can redirect them to it if it comes up in a new thread.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Not stickying this for now because people seem to skip over the stickies first. It's pretty much become a bad habit for too many people. You're only supposed to skip over them after you've read them, so I'm not sure why new users do this, when stickies contain the important stuff in any forum.

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

A day late and a dollar short, eh Gantic?

Bye bye to EnterOrion at any rate. At least for a while until this whole mess is cleared up.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I keep on updating my profile, but nothing happens to the log in. Must be fixed already.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

It's stopped affecting me too but i'm getting reports from other users that it's still happening.

Is there a reason only some users are having trouble with this?

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

A possible explanation is:

People who already experienced this "glitch" will never have this problem again, but people who didn't experience it will happen to them one day.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

People who already experienced this "glitch" will never have this problem again, but people who didn't experience it will happen to them one day.

Ah but what i mean is i experienced it - several times. Now i don't. And there are people who have also experienced it several times and continue to.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I prove myself wrong then.

I opened up my cell phone and logged on to AG and it says password and user combination does not exist.

What do you think is wrong?

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Ah but what i mean is i experienced it - several times. Now i don't. And there are people who have also experienced it several times and continue to.
I just tested this 30 seconds ago. This glitch is still affecting me.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Add Safari to the list of affected browsers. Last night I tried to update my alt's profile and ran into this bug. Once I did the email-password reset, I just put in my old password for that account and it worked fine.

DrSleeep
DrSleeep
1 posts
Scribe

Please help! I made a change in another account at Armor Games, and preserved with a blank password. But I do not have access to the mail Drsleep1995@mal.ru. Please return the password that was. Or send a new password to this address Dr.Sleep1995 @ mal.ru. My nickname on the old account Drsleep. thanks

Showing 1-15 of 54