ForumsGamesAssassin's Creed III

27 3921
RoFrizzy
RoFrizzy
6 posts
Nomad

Anyone Excited about how it takes Place in the Revolutionary War?

Should I get it for Christmas???

• 27 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It seems like a pretty cool game. I'm looking forward to new weapons and a good storyline. So I'm probably going to get it. But not right away.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

finally he can climb in trees. (i doubt all tho)
to master climber can't climb a tree. that was realy stupid all this time.
i didn't check anything more. i'll see what it is when i go to play it.
probably in a year of 2 or 3.

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I watched the trailer, and it looks really cool. Graphics are amazing. And being the captain of a ship looks pretty cool.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I'm glad it's a new storyline. I was getting bored of the old one.

Saw gameplay, looks great. Also doesn't look as easy, which is good.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Also doesn't look as easy, which is good.

I agree. The other Assassin Creed games aren't as hard. Revelations was a little bit harder than the others. But not as hard.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I'm glad it's a new storyline. I was getting bored of the old one

I quite loved the AC storyline, but yes a new one is welcomed !
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I will definitely get the third, but maybe for christmas, not right away. I have only played the first game, so I'll probably buy the second game for now. I'll skip Brotherhood and Revelations though, no one seems to think highly of them.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I will definitely get the third, but maybe for christmas, not right away. I have only played the first game, so I'll probably buy the second game for now. I'll skip Brotherhood and Revelations though, no one seems to think highly of them.

I think they're worth borrowing or renting. They do develop the storyline a bit more.

A lot of people don't think highly of them because they don't introduce anything drastically different to the AC series. That's true, but they're still very fun. If you beat ACII and you're still wanting more, you can't go wrong with Brotherhood. If you still want more after that, play Revelations.

The only reason you should avoid Brotherhood or Revelations is if you find yourself bored of AC2 or Brotherhood. But if you aren't bored of the game(s), they're definitely worth renting/borrowing. Heck, if you're lucky, you might be able to rent them from The Red Box at your local Wal-Mart, gas station, or McDonalds.

I preordered the collector's edition already. I'm kinda disturbed that the PlayStation 3 version will have exclusive content, but oh well.

If you DO play Assassin's Creed Revelations (as well as Brotherhood), there's a bonus mission you can buy. I recommend you just look up a Let's Play of the bonus mission on YouTube, because the bonus mission does advance some of the plot.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Is ACIII on the PS3 the only one with those software bonuses using the special edition packs?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Oh, one question;
Will ACIII work on Macintosh? Because if it doesn't I probably won't buy it.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

All the special edition missions should work on each system. I think the bonuses on the PS3 may be DLC or pre-order bonus.

I'm not sure if ACIII will work on a Macintosh.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I hope in multiplayer you can do Naval Warfare, like Captain versus Captain.
Do you know if you can take a musket and then use it a long range? Rather then doing close-quarter kills, use it as a proper rifle?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

brotherhood was the 1st game whit the new fighting system right?
more offense and not waiting to counter all the time?

atleast thats why i enjoyed brotherhood most.
but if AC2 already had that, then ive mistaken it.

I'm not sure if ACIII will work on a Macintosh.

AC is best playable on console anyway.
the pc gave a very distant feeling of the gameplay.

Do you know if you can take a musket and then use it a long range? Rather then doing close-quarter kills, use it as a proper rifle?

if you want to play a shooter. don't play AC
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

You realize you cannot shove a rifle through a man and fire from the other side? The bayonet is too thin, and isn't a claymore.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

AC is best playable on console anyway.
the pc gave a very distant feeling of the gameplay.

No AC is best playable on a pc for a few reasons.
Pc has better graphics and that's it. Other than that it is the same game. You can use a controller on pc so don't bring that up.
Showing 1-15 of 27