Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

What do you think of the world around us?

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 10:38am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

A grain of salt in a bag of sugar, nichodemus. The proportion of truth to lies is greatly unbalanced.

Doesn't mean we should entirely reject ads as a mere caricature of real life.

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 12:24pm

ellock

ellock

296 posts

Just stating my opinion on the title of the thread and not everything else that is going on, mainly because I am not motivated to read all 9 pages and respond to all of them. Anyway I personally can't stand the world we live in call it angst or anything else, but I have a reason instead of just flying off the handle. To further clarify, as a whole I can't stand the world we live in. Some people I like and some things I like (nature for example). It is just humans have a way of just screwing everything up and making a mess of things in a short time. Sure we have done some great things, it just gets on my nerves at how cruel people can be (I am not saying I am some perfect angel or even that I am better then someone, just annoyed).

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 10:12pm

shock457

shock457

470 posts

Life is super glue waiting for you to get stuck and struggle on. (Hey a good analogy!)

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 6:28pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Well, apparently ME now hates you.
They are burning your embassies

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 7:31pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

Well, apparently ME now hates you.

didn't they do so for many year already? about 20/30 maybe even 40 year.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 11:15pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

The ME has always and rightfully should hate them heh.....It's just far more dangerous now IMO because of the turmoil they have in political transition; the people are feeling the power they have for once.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 1:09am

SSTG

SSTG

11,111 posts

Knight

The ME has always and rightfully should hate them heh.....It's just far more dangerous now IMO because of the turmoil they have in political transition; the people are feeling the power they have for once.

Thanks to the Internet in good part. Now people can help and educate each other from every parts of the World. No wonder evil Corporations such as the music industry (Mafia) and diverse governments tries to censor and police it.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 1:59am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

If you think paint such broad strokes of corporations, why do you use the Internet, an Internet device, which are all made by corporations? MNCs and large firms have been disastrous on many accounts, but basic economic theory and history have shown that they are often more beneficial than harmful.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 3:00am

SSTG

SSTG

11,111 posts

Knight

If you think paint such broad strokes of corporations, why do you use the Internet, an Internet device, which are all made by corporations? MNCs and large firms have been disastrous on many accounts, but basic economic theory and history have shown that they are often more beneficial than harmful.

That's a dumb question. You can't compare the Internet which bring many good things and opens us to knowledge, narrows the borders with the music industry or drugs and insurance companies who abuse and treat their customers like garbage. I mean come on.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 7:30am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

evil Corporations such as the music industry (Mafia)

the music industry who abuse and treat their customers like garbage.

1. the whole music industry is mafia?
2. how are they mafia?
3. they abuse customers? (how?)

Reply to What do you think of the world around us?

You must be logged in to post a reply!