ForumsThe Tavern

[REQUESTED] Health and fitness

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 2:22pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

I'm going to workout today, but I think I'll be weak since I have a cold.

Also, I have no idea how I got into this argument on YouTube, but it's about this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB_WfIgLmZ8
Saw it in my recommended list a night or two ago, so I decided to watch it, then I scrolled down to the comments and just about everyone is saying he's on steroids... how narrow minded can people be, thinking that just because someone has a good body means they're on steroids.

Here's the argument (excuse the curse words, apparently the person I'm talking with seems to be very angry):

Kitingnoobs: How the **** can people retarded like this get so good bodies? Look at those ****ing bicep curls that was the worst **** ive ever seen in my entire life >.

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 2:25pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Nice job cutting off half the post, AG.

Anyway, here it is posted on pastebin.

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 4:36pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Did incline bench press today, was alright considering I'm ill. The lady told me that I can bring a spotter in when I have to.

Incline bench press:
205 - 8
225 - 6
225 - 6
225 - 5
225 - 5
185 - 6

Dunno why I couldn't do 185 for more reps, guess I spent most of my resources with the other sets.

Also, it's very difficult bringing out the bar in an incline position. It took a good amount of strength just to bring it out, I'm so used to having a spotter.

After that I did some incline dumbbell press and the flies machine, 4 sets each. On the next chest day I'll stick with incline bench and db, but replace the flies machine with chest press. Next week will be heavy week. I intended on doing 8-12 reps today for bench, but I'm sick so I doubt I would've gotten decent weight in that range.

I think it's a good routine to isolate muscles: 4-6 sets of 3 exercises for a single muscle. I think I'll be changing this every two weeks. For example two weeks from now on chest day: 3 sets of incline bench press, 3 sets flat, 3 sets incline db press, 3 sets flat db press, 3 sets of a chest machine.

Posted Sep 12, '12 at 6:38pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Nothing special about today, was just biceps and traps. I changed my typical bicep workout today though; made it just free weights. I did 6 sets of ez-bar curls, 4 sitting dumbbell curls, and 4 hammer curls. For shrugs I increased the weight 25 pounds from last time; 340 x 3, 300 x 3, 250 x 2. I stayed within the 6-12 rep range on those.

For back tomorrow I'll probably be using free weights again. I think I'll make my routine like that from now on: first half of the week mostly free weights and second half cable machines. So bent over rows, t-bar rows, and dumbbell rows. Starting with deadlifts of course, I'll try to get a PR tomorrow on it, which'll most likely be 340-360.

Posted Sep 12, '12 at 9:18pm

Microe

Microe

864 posts

And I know I now have to start strengthening my muscles again and raise my condition but my whole schedule I had is now messed up because im not able to do the workouts I'm used to and I can't do it as long (for now) as I used to.

Try to find therapy style workouts with bands and medicine balls, I had to do therapy for my knees after wrestling season(Destroyed my knees).

Posted Sep 12, '12 at 9:46pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Try to find therapy style workouts with bands and medicine balls, I had to do therapy for my knees after wrestling season(Destroyed my knees).

When I got into a car accident two years ago I ****ed up my shoulder and had to see one for a few months. The start of it I'd get a massage then worked with bands for a while.

Overall it made me feel better. If I had the means I'd go back to it once a week, who knows how much tension I have in my muscles.

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 4:31pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Today was pathetic. I only got 315 on deadlifts and doing those made me tired for the rest of the workout.

Deadlifts:
315 - 1
315 - 1
275 - 5
275 - 4
225 - 8
225 - 7

I don't know, I'm thinking of moving deadlifts to the end of the workout. It's interfering with my main back and leg exercises.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 5:55pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Surprised my chest and triceps today:

Incline close grip bench press x 3
Flat close grip bench press x 3
Incline dumbbell press x 3
Flat dumbbell press x 3
Incline skull crushers x 3
Seated chest press x 3
Tricep pulldowns x 3
Other seated chest press machine x 3
Flies x 3
Seated skull crushers x 3

A total of 30 sets for chest and triceps. See that I mixed in the exercises? I think that's good so you don't lose stimulation in the muscles. Instead of doing all chest exercises first THEN triceps, I mixed them together.

I started creatine again today. Figured if I want results and to recover quickly I'll need it. I'm also considering getting some protein powder so I don't have to eat so much.

Also changing my workout schedule, nothing dramatic, just moving some muscles around. I'll post it later when I'm done.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 12:32pm

Microe

Microe

864 posts

I started creatine again today. Figured if I want results and to recover quickly I'll need it. I'm also considering getting some protein powder so I don't have to eat so much.

Kre Alkalyne EFX works best for me man I saw great progress on it, and Protein would help alot, I've been using it since I go to school and cant fit in all the meals..

On Another note! I hit 280 for 5 reps on my 5th set of squats, I was using a belt and knee wraps. Felt great but I won't be satisfied until I can hit 340 squat for 1 rep.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 12:39pm

PurpleSquishy

PurpleSquishy

147 posts

I make health and fitness part of my entire day not just an hour at the gym.