ForumsThe Tavern

[REQUESTED] Health and fitness

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 4:12pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

I didn't go to the gym today. Slept a little too late last night because I was watching Dexter and felt especially sore today. I did a really good back and traps workout yesterday and biceps and legs the previous day though. Resting today should make me feel better.

but is there any way to do the stuff pullups work without using a pullup bar?

There are many places where you can do pullups and other stuff if you don't have the equipment at home. One is a park, but make sure to go there when no kids are around. Parents will probably get weirded out if they see someone using the park as a gym.
100 places to do pullups

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 5:52pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,696 posts

im in great health and fitness!
*fat jiggles, eating a candy-bar*

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 9:31pm

shock457

shock457

709 posts

Interesting regimen you got there.

50 push-ups *3 sets*
100 sit-ups *3 sets*
Jog 2 miles without stopping
Hold up your legs upright for 10 minutes (trust me it's hard)
Mountain climbers *3 sets of 50*

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 10:15pm

shock457

shock457

709 posts

There is a reason why it's called a *diet and exercise* thingy mijjiger.

If you are on a diet, but don't exercise, it's useless. If you exercise, but not on a diet, it's useless.

I am in TaeKwonDo during the summer, but I didn't watch what I eat (still the healthy stuff) (ever since my puberty happened, my appetite keeps on going up, and going up) and my weight stayed the same.

I am 5'9 and weigh 131. =)

I also have muscles, so maybe that's why my weight stayed the same.

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 10:50pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

Lol, I wish I had known this stuff in high school when I first starting getting into fitness... I worked out religiously but I had TERRIBLE eating habits so I didn't get the chiseled body I had hoped for until much later... =P

So, as someone who has devoted a lot of his life to health and fitness, I just have to say, you've done an amazing job with this thread! I hope to see everyone posting here at some point, and I'll occasionally pop my head in if I have anything to say that hasn't already been covered! =)

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 11:20pm

shock457

shock457

709 posts

Don't die on me now body! I need a HS lunch diet. xD

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 11:06am

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

Oh, cool! Thanks ace and ghost for your help, I'm going to start the home workout thing on Monday. (I live in Florida, so Monday may be different... XD)

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 6:21pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Did legs and biceps today, a good two hour workout at the gym. I'm not currently doing barbell squats though. First I'm trying to increase my leg strength with the leg press and other machines, then in around two weeks I'll try squats.

But I'm gonna have to start changing things around next week, so my muscles don't get used to the same old stuff in the same old order, don't want to plateau. Everything works fine for a month or two, but after that you'll have to start changing things up.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 8:20am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,716 posts

I saw this thread and immediately thought, "Must be GhostOfMatrix's workout thread!"

My workout is basically running. I don't really work out at all, except for Cross Country/Track when doing ab workouts.

I used to be in to pullups. I could do about ten without stopping...

One time I my brother and I decided to do a Hundred Workout. It was pretty tough, but I haven't done any since.

But yeah, running.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 6:02pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

I used to be in to pullups. I could do about ten without stopping...

I think you should get back into doing pullups. They're one of the best exercises you can do at home and at the gym. It's a measure of true strength being able to pull yourself up, and the results are great.

One time I my brother and I decided to do a Hundred Workout. It was pretty tough, but I haven't done any since.

What's the hundred workout?
But yeah, running.

One of the reasons I dislike running is because it seems to mess with my strength. However the main reason is because when I played football a few years ago our coach would make us run around this giant field every time we did something wrong. It was horrible. It took at least ten minutes to run around, but what made it really bad was having to wear all that gear and it was usually in hot weather.

I suppose his intentions were good, but I hated it.