ForumsThe Tavern

[REQUESTED] Health and fitness

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 9:18am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Why you are documenting this in this thread is beyond me though.

It's about my health.

Also, I'm not worried about missing a few workouts. I only made one or two posts regarding that, it's not like I'm complaining about not being able to train. I simply wondered if I should or not.

Been resting up as well as I can, I'm bedridden for most of the day. I just can't get much sleep because of this **** runny nose and sore throat. Those are the two main issues right now, my cough is less frequent, headaches gone, fever is gone, and stomach pain is gone. I probably won't get back into training until next week, doctor said it'd take 7-10 days for this to go away.

What I'm saying is, Matrix, if you have the energy, you should probably move around a little bit. Movement is the best medicine.

I feel more energetic today, able to move around the house without feeling extremely fatigued, but I'm gonna go ahead and take some more days off.

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 10:44pm

stickupkid97

stickupkid97

18 posts

dips and overhead extensions for triceps. curls for biceps. basic arm workouts that i do.

Posted Dec 31, '12 at 2:20am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

Very useful tool for calculating TDEE, total daily energy expenditure, which will you a good idea of how many calories you should eat to maintain, cut, or bulk.

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 5:14pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

The only issues left are the sore throat and occasional cough, and they're not that bad anymore.

I'll wait until they're completely gone though. The sore throat is negligible at this point, but whenever I cough (which isn't very often) it sounds horrible. Hopefully I feel back in tiptop condition by Monday.

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 6:14pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Working weight of 185 for front squats. This is a great morale boost for me; two months ago, I had been stuck on 185 for back squats for the longest time.

Meanwhile, I'm progressing at a solid rate with back squats as well. Hit 205 for reps last week with relative ease. Gonna try 215 for reps after a few sets of 205 in a few days. Hoping to work with 225 lbs (~1.5x body weight) in a few weeks.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 12:45pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I officially start cutting today.

Flat bench press:
225 - 10
250 - 5
250 - 4
250 - 3

Incline bench press:
205 x 2 - 6
205 - 3
185 - 6

Dips:
BW x 4 - 6

Incline dumbbell flyes:
35 x 3 - 8

Flat dumbbell flyes:
35 x 3 - 8

Flat skullcrushers:
85 - 8
95 - 8
95 - 6
I meant to do four sets here, oh well.

Most of the exercises felt odd, probably because I haven't done any lifting in about two weeks.

300 calories burnt on treadmill.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 4:32pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Went back after vacation too. I was off for 4 weeks instead of 2, so it was really hard to get going. I could barely even do half the weight I usually do for workouts, which is basically saying I'm screwed for half-training season max outs this Friday. O.o

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 12:43am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

^ It's pretty easy to regain strength. Just do your main lifts a few times before Friday, and you should build back a good deal of your strength.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 11:40am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

****, I think I pulled a muscle or something in my left forearm.

Got into the gym, did a few warm up sets of bent over rows, did a working set, went to drink from my water bottle and got this intense forearm pain.

I stopped right there and came home. It hurts when I bend my arm and try to squeeze anything tightly. I'll go to the doctor in a little bit to get it checked out, hope it's nothing serious. The pain is on the bottom of my forearm about an inch or two away from my elbow. I've never gotten this pain before.

http://www.bisonstrength.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/major-forearm-muscles.jpg
Around the extensor muscle area.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 11:44am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

In the circled area to be exact:
http://i.imgur.com/VzhdQ.jpg