Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

[REQUESTED] Health and fitness

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 10:49pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

728 posts

I never understood the Creatine thing? Is it a liquid? Or like a powder you put in a liquid? Do you need to workout to use it? Or does it give the false intention of making you look buff when you can't even lift a couple of pounds?

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 11:17pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Creatine monohydrate is a powder you put in a liquid and take it before and/or after workout. I take it before and after since I have to take more than most people, because of my weight range, but if you take it once I'd say after workout. That's when your muscles crave it and when it'll help the most.

It gives you more energy and generally improves performance. It's not false, it really helps, but it's not instant. It takes around 2-4 weeks before it takes an effect.

I gave two links on it, just read through them.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 11:19pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I never understood the Creatine thing? Is it a liquid? Or like a powder you put in a liquid? Do you need to workout to use it? Or does it give the false intention of making you look buff when you can't even lift a couple of pounds?

It's a powder that you typically dissolve in a liquid. You don't need it to workout, but studies have shown that it can improve performance in the weight room. Basically, what it does is expedite ATP synthesis, which provides our bodies energy. When you start taking creatine, you should be able to lift a few more reps than usual, and your muscles will recover faster.

Is there a catch? Well, as long as you don't take too much of it (5 grams a day is generally recommended), not really. You WILL gain a little water weight, as it shuttles water to the muscles, but by being able to lift more and recover faster, your gains will definitely improve. However, it is not necessary at all, and you can still put on plenty of mass without it.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 8:21am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

What's the hundred workout?

You do like 100 jumping jacks, 90 crunches, 80 squats, 70 leg lifts, 60 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 40 squats, 30 leg lifts, 20 jumping jacks, run for ten minutes.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 10:13am

Levine

Levine

44 posts

That sir.. was a pretty **** good post

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 10:19am

Levine

Levine

44 posts

Although I have to say, I was never a fan of any type of Creatine BECAUSE it add's size in water weight... if you go through a long break period, you will lose all your size, or hell, even if you go on a long vacation you will see TOO big of a difference to my liking upon return

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 10:37am

AceofSky

AceofSky

728 posts

You do like 100 jumping jacks, 90 crunches, 80 squats, 70 leg lifts, 60 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 40 squats, 30 leg lifts, 20 jumping jacks, run for ten minutes.

That sounds pretty epic...?

I read your links GoM and everybody's information, but can I ask what exactly could be the side-effects besides the one's that were listed...? Are there more? Wiki's link said there were side-effects. The other link said there were none?

Grape juice is the best choice. You can also take it with simple carbohydrate supplements like dextrose.

Also the second link said this, can you take it with regular water, or does it have a funny taste to it?

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 2:01pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Also the second link said this, can you take it with regular water, or does it have a funny taste to it?

Yes, you can take it with regular water. The taste will depend on the brand and type of creatine you get, but usually it's flavorless or a little tart. The rationale for taking it with grape juice is that the simple sugar dextrose in the juice will help the absorption of creatine. But just water is adequate for making great gains.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 4:20pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I read your links GoM and everybody's information, but can I ask what exactly could be the side-effects besides the one's that were listed...? Are there more? Wiki's link said there were side-effects. The other link said there were none?

Oh, and about this...

Creatine supplements are safe. It's not going to give you gains like anabolic steroids will, but you won't experience adverse side effects either. It's naturally produced by the body, but people take the supplements to absorb more for greater gains. As long as you stay within 5 grams a day, you will be fine. If you go beyond that, you may experience renal problems, which was what Wikipedia was referring to.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 6:12pm

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

I never had too much creatine issues thats why you "FOLLOW THE LABELS"
and if you don't put in the excercise you won't get much results no matter how much creatine and protein you take it won't satify your results until you work for it