Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

[REQUESTED] Health and fitness

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 12:25pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

I don't work out or do exercise.I only do PE at school.Because I don't work out,my muscles are soft like pillows.I love to eat,but I'm amazingly thin.Probably because...well,I don't know.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 12:28pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Sorry for the triple post, but I think I ****ed up really bad. I was doing some movements and stuff with my right arm to see if I hurt it also, and it does. When I flex my bicep I can feel some dull pain in my elbow.

How could this happen. I warm up properly, use good form, stretch, rest, eat well, yet this happens. I am so pissed right now.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 2:11pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Could be for a number of reasons. Improper warm up/stretch (regardless of what you say), awkward hand positions, etc. Or it just happened spontaneously. Pulling movements, however, especially deadlifts, are known to be associated with bicep tears and tendonitis, and I would imagine the other muscles that go into those movements are at risk as well. Even the strongest, most experienced deadlifters get injured, so there's really no way to fully prevent them. Well, you know, besides not going to the gym.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 6:33pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

So I have tendinitis. They gave me an anti-inflammatory, told me to take a few days off for upper body and when I start back up to take it slowly, basically rehab work for a while.

I'm going to see my family doctor in a few days and he'll probably suggest to do muscle therapy. Hope he does, when I went for my shoulder issue a year or two ago, it was great. Shoulder issue wasn't workout related, by the way, I got into a car accident.

More leg work and cardio for some weeks, I suppose.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 6:34pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Forgot to say... I didn't expect tendinitis to happen this way. I thought I'd receive some minor elbow pain first, then if I ignored it a few weeks later it'd get worse. Not all this pain out of nowhere.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 6:56pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

If you're doing a certain movement incorrectly with heavy weight, you could be stressing your tendons in a way such that, over time, tendinitis will occur. Of course, you'd need that final catalyst to cause it to happen. It may seem acute, but it's likely that your tendons were in a bad state already, and that your lifts today were the final trigger. You should check your form while you're rehabbing and lower the weight of your pulling movements when you're healed.

And a double pronated grip for pulling movements is usually safer than a neutral or double supinated grip. You tend to be weaker with a pronated grip, but keep that in mind as well.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 12:47pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

No squats today due to elbow pain.

Leg press:
405 x 10 - 10

Leg extensions:
120 x 5 - 10

Lying hamstring curls:
65 - 12
65 x 2 - 10
65 - 8
65 - 6

Standing calf raises:
220 x 2 - 10

300 calories burnt on treadmill.

Focusing on keeping everything tight and controlled (I'd say about 6 second TUT and my form didn't break down), I'd hate for this to happen to my knees. And when I do back squats, I'll probably put a bench or those boxes behind me so I know exactly where parallel depth is.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 2:20pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I'd say about 6 second TUT

For each rep I mean, 4-6 seconds, varies.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 4:01pm

zoago

zoago

13 posts

Age 30
Weight 195lbs
Body fat percentage 19% (I use one of those digital hand held body fat machines so I don't know how accurate they are).
Supplements.  I try to get all my nutrition from Regular food such as Chicken Breast, lean meats, milk, fruits, vegetables, nuts and Milk I do have a Jug of Banana Flavored Protein Powder I use a scoop in the morning and before bed. I Have never used Creatine just by itself it seems a lot of pre-workouts supps now come pre-made with creatine in it.  I have researched that Creatine helps to temporarily inflate your muscles to make them look bigger but as soon as you stop taking it your muscles decrease in size. 
     Some of the Supplements I have used in the past are Pre-workout supplements such as Jac3d, Assault,C4 and Craze. The only Purpose for these supplements for ME was to give me that extra boost to make me workout like a mad man, haha but now I just generally use a large cup of coffee because I believe all the stimulants that are in those pre-wrokouts are not that great for you.
I workout 3-4 days a week for 45 minutes -1 hour 30 minutes a day just depending on the routing I currently am in. I will take a Week break from any lifting every 6th week.
I do a mixture of Of power lifting and Bodybuilding often refereed to as Power-building.
My 1 rep max are as follows
Flat Bench Press- 300lbs
Decline Bench Press- 320 lbs
Squats - I dont do squat because of lower back injury
Straight bar curl(with proper technique no swinging and keeping back straigh)-125lbs
Skull Crusher-140lbs(very bad on my elbows)
Sitting Military Press- 200lbs
I am Currently Recovering From Chemo Therapy treatment and am 6 months back into the Gym. I keep seeing Improvements on my lifts and on my Body Transformation and for me that is what keeps me going back to the gym.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 7:15pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I have researched that Creatine helps to temporarily inflate your muscles to make them look bigger but as soon as you stop taking it your muscles decrease in size.

Creatine draws more water into your muscles, thus them being bigger. The main purpose of creatine is to help you with increasing strength and energy. It's arguably the best supplement to take. As for your muscles "deflating", you just don't draw as much water into them if you're not taking creatine, but after stopping creatine it'd take at least three weeks to see any differences.

I wouldn't consider it a big deal either way.