Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

[REQUESTED] Health and fitness

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 7:02pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

Yes, you can take it with regular water. The taste will depend on the brand and type of creatine you get, but usually it's flavorless or a little tart. The rationale for taking it with grape juice is that the simple sugar dextrose in the juice will help the absorption of creatine. But just water is adequate for making great gains.

Thanks.

Oh, and about this...

Creatine supplements are safe. It's not going to give you gains like anabolic steroids will, but you won't experience adverse side effects either. It's naturally produced by the body, but people take the supplements to absorb more for greater gains. As long as you stay within 5 grams a day, you will be fine. If you go beyond that, you may experience renal problems, which was what Wikipedia was referring to.

Thanks again.

I never had too much creatine issues thats why you "FOLLOW THE LABELS"

Pretty obvious?

Curious question, is it like a Doctor's prescription needed or just go to the casual supermarket?

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 7:10pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

if you don't put in the excercise you won't get much results no matter how much creatine and protein you take it won't satify your results until you work for it

Same with nearly everything. People think that because you take steroids you'll automatically get big, it doesn't work that way. You have to put a lot of hard work into it. It'll get you big sooner than say creatine and protein, but it won't happen from doing nothing.

Also, on the topic of steroids, I urge people to watch the documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Shows the facts about it. Like how roid rage is false, and other misconceptions.
Curious question, is it like a Doctor's prescription needed or just go to the casual supermarket?

You can just go out and buy it. However if you have health issues consult your physician first.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 7:14pm

42maelstrom

42maelstrom

125 posts

I was going to make a pretty long reply to this but then I was quoting Ernies's "What kind of tea do you drink at dinnertime and what are the health benefits of that particular tea?" and realized I had copy-pasted which left me no trace of the huge entry I had written and then copied/cut to look at other posts to quote. And this is the second time this has happened so ... *sigh*...
Anyway...
I'm almost 15 and I'm a runner. Personal Records:
800 meter (1/2 mile) = 2:10.1
1600 meter (1 mile) = 4:54.5
2 miles = 11:03
5k (3.1 miles) = 17:34

My 2 mile time is a little slow because I haven't ran the distance in a race for 2 years, that time is from 2 years ago.
Basically I run 20-30 miles per week. I run cross country and track. I would say running is a big part of my life. Um... I run 2-6 miles each day (usually 4 or 5 miles) and have a rest day once a week. Other than running I don't do much. I try to do an ab workout almost every day (I skip days if I'm sore) and used to do push-ups and pull-ups but now I don't.
The only time I have every done weight lifting in my life was once and I only did a few back or leg machines before quitting. I didn't think it would benefit my running very much, which, it wouldn't. And... yeah. I'm tired of rewriting this post. I'll stop here.
Wait! That marathoner vs sprinter picture makes me sick. I will admit that sprinters are more muscular than marathoners and that if you are looking to be able to bench press 250 or whatever than running will not help you much, but ... still. Running is to be taken seriously when I am around! XD

What kind of tea do you drink at dinnertime and what are the health benefits of that particular tea?

LOL I try not to say LOL but I cannot find a more suitable thing to say.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 7:18pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

800 meter (1/2 mile) = 2:10.1
1600 meter (1 mile) = 4:54.5
2 miles = 11:03
5k (3.1 miles) = 17:34

Wow that's amazing! I am extremely jealous of you...
So do you do marathons and runs?

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 10:56am

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

j-j-just st-started the w-w-workout today.

mai a-a-a-arms, t-they b-burn.

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 12:27pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

That marathoner vs sprinter picture makes me sick.

It's true though. Most if not all marathon runners I've seen are either skinnyfat or just plain fat. No good can come from all that running, you're just damaging your muscles.

The first week burn is always the best. I can't ever seem to get it back.

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 2:12pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

My feet burn and ache. I decided to go jogging and forgot how long I haven't jogged yet. I jogged about 1 mile and a half. Now I can barely move around without my legs hurting.

It's true though. Most if not all marathon runners I've seen are either skinnyfat or just plain fat. No good can come from all that running, you're just damaging your muscles.

So I shouldn't run? Then how do I become looking like the sprinter? I thought that if you ran a lot you would look like him?

Have I been living a lie...?

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 3:49pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

It's fine to do some intense cardio for 20-30 minutes. What I'm saying is that it's bad to be running for like an hour. Also, sprinters, well... sprint. They train for speed and power, they don't just endlessly run, because they know that's bad for them.
Video
Part one, watch the second when it's done. Not sure if there's a third, etc.

My feet burn and ache. I decided to go jogging and forgot how long I haven't jogged yet. I jogged about 1 mile and a half. Now I can barely move around without my legs hurting.

Yeah. Whenever I do anything with running my calves feel like they're going to explode.

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 3:58pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

So, I'm going for 8-12 reps on most things this week at the gym. I got done with my chest and shoulders workout about twenty minutes ago. It went okay, but I still need to increase my stamina and get used to this shoulder workout. I also switched up the order of the machines/exercises, which got me more tired.

Overall it was a good workout, I just need to increase my stamina. May stay with this high reps routine for two weeks, then probably a week or two of powerlifting.
I do this because doing bodybuilding alone will increase muscle growth and stamina, but you won't drastically increase strength unless you train for it. I don't want to be stuck at the same old weight for too long.

Tomorrow is biceps and legs. Will have to do deadlifts tomorrow because on back day--Wednesday--I can't do deadlifts. It's mostly a leg exercise too, just a little bit of lower back is involved.

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 4:46pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

[/quote]So I shouldn't run? Then how do I become looking like the sprinter? I thought that if you ran a lot you would look like him?[quote]

The thing about running (or any form of cardio for that matter): when you run, you burn calories, the more you run, the more calories you burn. In order to gain weight and put on muscle mass, you usually need to eat an excess of calories relative to your maintenance level. This is why long distance runners tend to look skinnier. (Look at Ezekiel Kemboi, for example, who won the 3000m steeplechase in the Olympics this year.) That said, running is great for building endurance and cardiovascular health, but if you want to build muscle AND run, you're going to have to compensate by eating more. This is why Michael Phelps eats 10,000 calories a day.