ForumsNews and FeedbackSign of hope?^^

33 8516
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Whatever this means, but actual you could see this on the AGv3 beta-site:

The Armor Games beta is shutting down on August 31, 2012! Learn More / Give Feedback

Maybe its only a shutdown for more work, but maybe... well, we will see^^

• 33 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I also don't understand why they wouldn't let us test them. The whole idea of the beta was to add in new features for us to test. We didn't see much of anything. Mostly site design..

Agreed - but i reckon having a closed beta for achievements would rub some people up the wrong way, because other users would get an "unfair advantage" etc. You know a lot of people here go mad for the ranking system, so maybe that's a reason.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I wasn't suggesting a closed beta, I want them to keep the open beta and add the features there so everyone can test them. Well, if they decided to have a closed beta (again) but this time for achievements and other things they could make it so after the testing is over the points earned testing doesn't transfer.

I'm not sure how coding for sites work. Let's say AG2 is a puzzle put together that doesn't make a clear image. AG3 is going to take apart that badly constructed puzzle and reconstruct it to make it a clear image. Can they do that with the original site? Replace the bad code with their supposedly good code? Change how everything looks and acts overnight?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I'm not sure how coding for sites work. Let's say AG2 is a puzzle put together that doesn't make a clear image. AG3 is going to take apart that badly constructed puzzle and reconstruct it to make it a clear image. Can they do that with the original site? Replace the bad code with their supposedly good code? Change how everything looks and acts overnight?

Hum, surely if they could, they would have fixed a few things sooner? I mean there's some bad coding problems which have been around for how long, and don't seem to be going anywhere.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Probably, but their excuses for that was the code was too bad to fix and they were working on AG3. It wouldn't make sense to add those things here.

What bad things are they talking about? What was so bad that people talked about on the beta site? Aside from the design, nothing.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

What bad things are they talking about? What was so bad that people talked about on the beta site? Aside from the design, nothing.

Maybe nothing because the design was the majority of the experience. There wasn't too much introduced in beta that could have messed up.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

It wouldn't make sense to add those things here.

So true... and AGv2 is a lil bit glitchy, new updates could easaly produce more glitches, or, in worst case, make the whole system that unstable you have to remove the updated things again.
SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I don't understand why they would apply features to AGv2. Aren't there many current features that were disabled because they slowed down the site? I can see some pluses to keeping AGv2 like comments, forums, and rank (who cares); but there are many negatives. In the end they might have to remove all of the additions and start over.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I don't understand why they would apply features to AGv2.

It may end up being some kind of "evolution"-type thing, where they add features one by one and AG2 slowly evolves into AG3. Even though it probably won't happen that way, it would be interesting to see the site evolve right before our eyes.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

This is a serious question, someone has informed me of it. He can remain anonymous if he chooses, anyways, has anyone's AP been locked as in it hasn't changed. Do you think it is being locked for AG3?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

It's not locked, it just takes time to update. Mine was lower earlier and has updated accordingly.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Shucks, i hate the slow update on AP glitch. I got very excited that perhaps tomorrow we'd sign on and get an achievement system.

My post count is updating and not AP now, which got me even more excited.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

This is why you just create a brand new system while saving user information.

Between the password issue and AP problem, I think the implementing is running smoothly. (derp)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

There wasn't really an AP problem, it was just taking longer than usual to update. Too many people getting upset over the counter not instantly updating.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There wasn't really an AP problem, it was just taking longer than usual to update. Too many people getting upset over the counter not instantly updating.

For me, it hasn't happened for hours. I had 6036 AP last night and still have the same count even though I haven't been on until now, and the calculation shows that I should have 6039 AP. Actually, I should have 6040 since this post is worth 1 AP. I therefore think there is an AP problem as far as updating goes. Also, Gantic made the following comment on warriorcats123's profile:

Everyone has this problem. It's appears to be site or server side. Since I'm not an Admin, I can't do anything about it.

That was a response to warriorcats123 complaining about AP not updating.

As for the Beta itself, it should close in a few hours (it hasn't closed yet).
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

As for the Beta itself, it should close in a few hours (it hasn't closed yet).

Ya, 0:00 on Sept. 1st is when you should not be able to get on. I asked an admin if he could inform me on what he knows about the AP not auto updating and AG3. Just be patient guys. You cannot do any better.
Showing 16-30 of 33