Forums

ForumsMassive Multiplayer Online Games

Spiral Knights wrecked my computer

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 10:27am

Bman66

Bman66

35 posts

That stupid game Spiral Knights put a virus on my computer it took me all night to fix it.

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 11:14am

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

467 posts

It's impossible to spread viruses through browser/flash games.

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 11:35am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,741 posts

yeah because if it was a game giving you a virus there would be lots of people complaining about it and the game wouldn't have made it onto AG if it did have a virus because they have people to test the games to see if it's AG worthy and whatnot, and even if it got hacked there would be a hole lot more people with this problem. what exactly happened though, that could help me figure this out

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 11:55am

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

467 posts

what exactly happened though, that could help me figure this out

I'm assuming he went to a website with spyware/malware. His computer didn't notice until minutes later when he left the site and started playing Spiral Knights.

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 8:48pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,741 posts

well i was thinking of something that happened to me awhile ago (months before i got an account) i went to misc. games and that redirected me to what looked like a legit virus message but using that site to get rid of said virus would have given me a virus so i was thinking something like that may have happened

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 7:00pm

gooeyglop1

gooeyglop1

346 posts

To play spiral knights did you have to download anything, because sometimes computers freak out when they try to download something...

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 9:22pm

Bones00799

Bones00799

51 posts

Spiral Knights doesn't even load on my computer my question is it even worth playing?

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 10:26pm

trying

trying

443 posts

It uses Java unlike all the other games on AG that require flash. Therefore it is only expected that there would be more issues than other games.

Reply to Spiral Knights wrecked my computer

You must be logged in to post a reply!