Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Can't beat level in Epic War Saga

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 9:36am

redslaughterer

redslaughterer

210 posts

Hi everybody! I've had no trouble with the game up until the boss in Chapter 4. I'm wondering does anyone have any tips for me? Also is Steel armored Popo worth getting? I almost have the 350K. Any help would be appreciated!

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 7:46pm

The_username

The_username

89 posts

i've looked  on the wiki and it said to spam hobbits because the boss wouldn't hit them if they were close to him i beat the lvl but with BARELY any time left(like 20 sec).

p.s. i used viegraff but popo might be better because of the rage skill

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 7:52pm

The_username

The_username

89 posts

srry for double-posting but the boss enemy would spam goblins and the hobbits would take them out easy

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 10:14pm

The_username

The_username

89 posts

srry for triple posting i forgot to add this

u could use red dragons

if these tips don't help, then i got nothin

Posted Aug 31, '12 at 2:58pm

redslaughterer

redslaughterer

210 posts

Thanks, I beat the level using red dragons.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 4:52pm

crazyworkins

crazyworkins

31 posts

Does anyone know why I can't get the second reward for a quest?  Like, on 1-5 I'll get the orange soup or whatever, but the iron ore is in red letters and I don't get it with a win.  It's like that for all the quests, whether it's my first time doing it, or if I've beaten it 300%.

Am I missing something to unlock the second reward for a quest?  (Very frustrating that I can't build what I need to because I have no materials.)

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 7:24pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,804 posts

XP & Gold rewards are guaranteed and raised by each star you get... but its a lil bit different on the item side, these items are NOT a guaranteed reward, these are possible rewards and its, more or less, luckbased:

White means its a common drop:
- base drop chance without bonus is 25%
- mastery (a star) increases the dropchance by another 5%, so you have 40% with three stars
- items with + item increases the dropchance by another 2.5% for S, 5% for M, and 10% for L
- finaly there is a cap on 70%
So you have a chance between 25% and 70% that the white item drops if you win.

Red means its a rare drop and here the dopchances are a "lil" bit different^^:
- base drop chance without bonus is by 5%
- mastery increase the chance by 1% for a star... but sadly there is a bug, only the first star counts, so your chance is only increased by 1%, equal if you have one, two or three stars, so you have 6% with star(s)
- items with + item increases the dropchance by 0.5% for S, 1% for M and 2% for L
- and finaly there is a cap at... not 100% sure here, normaly is 12%, but because of the bug its maybe lower
So you have a chance between 5% and 10 (or 11... or 12. cuz of the bug...)% that the red item drops if you win.

So you dont miss something, but you may need a better dropchance, and this can be done with some + item, like "thief ring".

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 7:29pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,804 posts

Lil add i forgot, you have this chances each time you win a mission, and sometimes (very often) you must beat a level very, very often (farm it)  to get the needed items.
2nd add: only at the cave of trials (not on your level, thats a thing youll reach later^^) the items are guaranteed rewards!

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 8:34pm

Andrewlolman

Andrewlolman

82 posts

I beat it by buying all the great stuff and spam a lot of units at all bossess

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 10:38am

crazyworkins

crazyworkins

31 posts

Ah, thank you!

I was reading the walkthroughs and they all talked about farming levels for resources (iron ore, silver swords, etc.) and wondered what I was doing wrong.

So ultimately this isn't a very casual game.  Whereas the other Epic War games are a couple hours of fun, this one seems like you need to invest weeks into it - grindy grinding all the way - in order to really get anywhere.

Reply to Can't beat level in Epic War Saga

You must be logged in to post a reply!