ForumsGame WalkthroughsCan't beat level in Epic War Saga

9 9510
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Hi everybody! I've had no trouble with the game up until the boss in Chapter 4. I'm wondering does anyone have any tips for me? Also is Steel armored Popo worth getting? I almost have the 350K. Any help would be appreciated!

• 9 Replies
The_username
The_username
93 posts
Farmer

i've looked on the wiki and it said to spam hobbits because the boss wouldn't hit them if they were close to him i beat the lvl but with BARELY any time left(like 20 sec).

p.s. i used viegraff but popo might be better because of the rage skill

The_username
The_username
93 posts
Farmer

srry for double-posting but the boss enemy would spam goblins and the hobbits would take them out easy

The_username
The_username
93 posts
Farmer

srry for triple posting i forgot to add this

u could use red dragons

if these tips don't help, then i got nothin

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

Thanks, I beat the level using red dragons.

crazyworkins
crazyworkins
34 posts
Herald

Does anyone know why I can't get the second reward for a quest? Like, on 1-5 I'll get the orange soup or whatever, but the iron ore is in red letters and I don't get it with a win. It's like that for all the quests, whether it's my first time doing it, or if I've beaten it 300%.

Am I missing something to unlock the second reward for a quest? (Very frustrating that I can't build what I need to because I have no materials.)

Andrewlolman
Andrewlolman
82 posts
Scribe

I beat it by buying all the great stuff and spam a lot of units at all bossess

crazyworkins
crazyworkins
34 posts
Herald

Ah, thank you!

I was reading the walkthroughs and they all talked about farming levels for resources (iron ore, silver swords, etc.) and wondered what I was doing wrong.

So ultimately this isn't a very casual game. Whereas the other Epic War games are a couple hours of fun, this one seems like you need to invest weeks into it - grindy grinding all the way - in order to really get anywhere.

crazyworkins
crazyworkins
34 posts
Herald

So, I figured out the farming, and progressed pretty far (like chapter 8 final challenge or something) but it just got way to grindy. I could have easily spent 10 hours just grinding for materials for one set of armor.

I can understand grinding for an MMORPG, but for a flash browser game it's just too much.

Plus the pricing for stuff is way off. I'm not opposed to dropping $5-$10 for premium content. It helps developers and makes games more fun. But when $100 won't even get you enough crystals for the really nice stuff - that's just ridonculous. Especially for a "casual" web browser game.

furrycritter241
furrycritter241
36 posts
Nomad

You guys are boring, all you talk about is games O_O

Showing 1-9 of 9