Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Computer Gadgets and Toys

Posted Sep 20, '12 at 8:10pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Elgato is better as most stuff now had hdmi and its just one wire rather then a component cable which is like 5 mashed together.

@pickpocket you can get windows expression encoder trial for free its like fraps but you can change what it records and you can do up to 10 minute sections with the trial.

Posted Sep 20, '12 at 8:13pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,420 posts

@pickpocket you can get windows expression encoder trial for free its like fraps but you can change what it records and you can do up to 10 minute sections with the trial.

How long does the free trial last for?

Posted Sep 20, '12 at 9:07pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Forever I think I've had it for ages

Posted Sep 21, '12 at 12:07am

SSTG

SSTG

11,054 posts

Knight

@pickpocket, did you finally buy the Hauppauge HD-PVR?
I love mine so much that my GF is jealous, I think. xD

Posted Sep 21, '12 at 6:42pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

728 posts

Pickpocket have you even looked into Hypercam, or Camstasia? They can record as long as you want. Hypercam being free, but Camstasia has a free trial of 30 days or more I believe.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 1:47pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,054 posts

Knight

It looks like someone already copied the Raspberry Pi.
Check this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sPs8Jp2BBw4

Posted Aug 1, '13 at 8:30pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,054 posts

Knight

I just added two new toys to my collection!

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-GigaWork … 88-9942643

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202- … er+usb+dac

At first I wanted the M-Audio AV 40 Studiophile speakers but I read too many bad reviews about their reliability.
Then I wanted the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 but they also have reliability problems and they were discontinued pretty much everywhere I looked.

I'll use the Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface for now until I decide to get the expensive Dragonfly DAC.

Posted Aug 6, '13 at 10:18pm

daleks

daleks

3,254 posts

Well the only new thing I have gotten technology wise is a 1 TB external hard drive and a new computer.

Posted Aug 6, '13 at 10:59pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,054 posts

Knight

Well the only new thing I have gotten technology wise is a 1 TB external hard drive and a new computer.

What brand? Is it a laptop or a desktop?
I used to like desktops only until I got  my HD PVR, now I only want laptops.
I don't really use it as a laptop though because I have so many things connected to it. I use a 30 inches HDTV as a monitor connected through HDMI and all my USB ports (minus one reserved for external devices) are connected to something, making it impossible to use as a laptop.

Posted Aug 6, '13 at 11:44pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,054 posts

Knight

My latest laptop is an Alienware M14XR2 with an Intel Core I5-3210M 2.50 GHz,
6 GB ram, 64 bits, Windows 7 pro.
It runs my HD videos smoothly and that's the reason why I wanted this particular model. I would have gotten a faster CPU but they only came with Windows 8 (crap). I also like the backlit keyboard because I can type in the dark. :)

Reply to Computer Gadgets and Toys

You must be logged in to post a reply!