Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Computer Gadgets and Toys

Posted Oct 11, '13 at 3:26pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,876 posts

Knight

Come on people, don't let this thread die!

Posted Oct 11, '13 at 4:56pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,582 posts

Administrator

My latest gadget is the iPhone 5S.  It's my first iPhone actually, and I'm very happy with it.  You can see my pictures from it on our Twitter page. :)

Posted Nov 4, '13 at 6:03pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,876 posts

Knight

I got me this for early Christmas.
CMTSBT100
to replace my beloved and now dead Phillips MC50 Micro Sysytem .

I'm breaking in the speakers right now so I don't have any comments about it except that it looks great.

Posted Nov 4, '13 at 6:12pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,876 posts

Knight

Oops, I gave the wrong model, it was the MC70 .
I liked it so much except for the 3 cd changer (never cared for that feature) and the tape player (never used it).
Noticed that the Sony one has 1 CD only which I think will be more durable.
If I don't like the speakers I'll use my Mission 750Le instead. :)

Posted Nov 4, '13 at 6:20pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,876 posts

Knight

Sorry, wrong model again (what's wrong with me!). They're so old that the sticker on the back has fallen off. It's the Mission 760i.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 3:51pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,876 posts

Knight

Okay, I connected my Mission 760i to my Sony CMTSBT100 CD player and after listening to 4 CDs I'm convinced I made a good choice!
The quality is great and since I'm good with audio editing, my compilations sound almost perfect, especially for that price!

Posted Dec 20, '13 at 10:09pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,876 posts

Knight

I'm not sure if it fits in my thread but man, this is cool!
http://www.wired.com/design/2013/12/a-tiny-speaker-made-out-of-paper/

Posted Dec 20, '13 at 10:35pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I'm going to be getting a Moto X for Christmas (I know, kill me, I know what I'm getting - they asked me, though). At first when I saw the specs I thought 'ehh' but after looking at what it does and the way that the phone is actually built, it's pretty cool. It has a main dual-core, but it has a quad-core gpu so it (apparently) looks pretty smooth and it has two more low-power cores to 'listen' to movement and what you're saying. Basically, even when it's locked and the screen is off, you can shake it to go to the camera, tilt it to see notifications, or say 'Okay Google Now' and still have about as good of a battery as most other phones, or even better.

On top of that, there's this new thing that Motorola is apparently developing called Project Ara - basically, if you ever heard of Phonebloks, it's like that but by actual manufacturers, so it's a little bit closer to reality as opposed to a marketing idea. Plus, Motorola is backed by Google now, who tends to like creative technological projects and has a lot of money, so it definitely won't get underhanded. Apparently they already have a prototype as well. Linkage.

Posted Mar 17, '14 at 4:28pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,876 posts

Knight

I just received my new Bluetooth ">http://www.amazon.com/LuguLake-Portable … +speakers]LuguLake speakers.
Unfortunately, my Toshiba Thrive is too big to fit in the slot but I'll keep them anyway because the sound is surprisingly good via Bluetooth and it's real stereo.  I'll try them connected via mini-jack later at bed time. The sound should be even better.

Posted Mar 17, '14 at 4:32pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,876 posts

Knight

>>:O
I hate it when my links don't work!
http://www.amazon.com/LuguLake-Portable … t+speakers

Reply to Computer Gadgets and Toys

You must be logged in to post a reply!