ForumsPopular MediaDexter

36 16879
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Here's a thread where you can talk about the series Dexter!

I started watching it about a week ago and I'm starting season 6 now. I love the character development and how each season has a new main villain.

To avoid spoiling it in the opening post, I won't mention anything else, but I'll respond to other posts here. However if you do decide to talk about stuff that may spoil it for others, try to include a spoiler tag.

If you don't have the means to pay to watch the show or don't want to wait for it on television, you can watch it here. I'd recommend only using the sockshare, putlocker, and gorillavid links located below the specific episodes. They have the best quality.

• 36 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Ah, I should have guessed you'd like this !

A lot of my friends watched it but i never really got into it until i moved here where it airs all the time on FoxCrime, so i got my Dad to download it. Just like you, got hooked and watched a bunch of seasons within a week.

I think the whole concept around this show is amazing and different. There's a movie, i can't place the name though, with a similar plot, but Dexter pulls it off so much better !

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Yeah, it was recommended to me by a friend a few months ago but I didn't get around to it until last week. I'm glad I did though. It's odd how much stuff I have in common with the character, I didn't realise it until halfway through the series. Could be part of the reason why they recommended it.

In the 6th season Dexter seems happier than usual, must be because of his son. There also seems to be more humor than before.

There's a movie, i can't place the name though, with a similar plot, but Dexter pulls it off so much better !

Suspect Zero?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

SPOILER if you haven't seen season 6:
Brother Sam... they always have to kill off the characters that make Dexter feel better. I knew he was going to get Nick, but I didn't expect Rudy's/Brian's ghost. That's a cool addition though, I like the Harry one, so why not add this one. Harry is for the light in Dexter and Rudy/Brian is for the darkness.

Also, Quinn seems to be falling apart. Ever since Debra dumped him he's just been getting drunk and trying to get with as many women as he can, even if it risks his job.

And that religious nut... what is going on here. How can Travis fall for that stuff?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

No Dexter fans out there? I suppose this show may be a bit too mature for a site geared towards young teenagers. Oh well.

I finished all the episodes. I'm not sure what else they can do with the series. I think it has probably one or two more before it ends, and season 7 should be out in September or October.

SPOILERS if you haven't seen season 6:
Something I don't understand is how Dexter saw Gellar the night they were going to protect that professor when he was already dead. Him and Travis were in the car together, and both saw Gellar walking into the building, even though Gellar has been dead for three years.

I couldn't really keep a straight face whenever I saw Travis. The actor that plays him is Colin Hanks and he looks very similar to Sean Murray. Sean Murray is from NCIS and is usually funny, so I couldn't take it that seriously.

I wonder how Dexter is going to explain everything to Debra. He doesn't really have any other choice. He can't just kill her. It's against Harry's code and she's family, so he has no other option.

How will she handle it though? She already has enough problems. I don't think she'd get Dexter arrested, because that's her brother, she has to think about baby Harrison, and imagine the media coverage. It doesn't seem like she has any other choice but to live with it. I imagine that will take a toll on her though. She almost married a serial killer, saw someone she loved die right in front of her, and now finding out that her brother is a killer... A lot to carry.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I think the whole concept around this show is amazing and different. There's a movie, i can't place the name though, with a similar plot, but Dexter pulls it off so much better !

The Killer Inside Me? That's the first Dexter-like film that springs to mind.

Anyway, I have only watched a few episodes of Dexter and they were pretty good actually, so I plan on catching up on Dexter one of these days.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I really like Dexter, My grandmother actually suggested it to me, and I love the series. I like the books a lot more though. Jeff Lindsay does such a good job writing stories.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I like the books a lot more though.

I wonder if they have them at my library. I don't know many book stores in my area.

I'd have to say one of the best things about this series is the narrating. It's interesting to hear what Dexter is thinking in certain interactions.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

New Dexter episode tonight. Season 7 premiere.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

It looks really good. I just haven't gotten around to it yet...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I only like the season with that English babe in it, the one he kills because she was a weirdo. Can't remember her name, she was pretty hot.
:O

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I only like the season with that English babe in it, the one he kills because she was a weirdo. Can't remember her name, she was pretty hot.

Lila.

Yeah, she was beautiful. I really didn't expect her to blow up that building and go crazy ***** mode on Dexter.
Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

I LOVE the show, so much so that my wife and I named our french bulldog puppy "Dexter." One thing for sure is that every time he does not kill someone that he wants to kill, it comes back to bite him.
I have seen Michael C Hall (the actor) at a bunch of concerts in small venues around los angeles. He appears to be a music-lover.

116 posts
Nomad

I was a big fan of Dexter, but after season 4 I started getting bored of it and stopped halfway through season 6.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Close call for Dexter last night with that guy that wore the bull mask. I think Deb is starting to understand why Dexter kills and accept him.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Now that Yvonne Strahovski is in the show, I'm even more interested.
Will she take off her clothes?!? xD

Showing 1-15 of 36