ForumsPopular MediaDexter

36 16878
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Here's a thread where you can talk about the series Dexter!

I started watching it about a week ago and I'm starting season 6 now. I love the character development and how each season has a new main villain.

To avoid spoiling it in the opening post, I won't mention anything else, but I'll respond to other posts here. However if you do decide to talk about stuff that may spoil it for others, try to include a spoiler tag.

If you don't have the means to pay to watch the show or don't want to wait for it on television, you can watch it here. I'd recommend only using the sockshare, putlocker, and gorillavid links located below the specific episodes. They have the best quality.

• 36 Replies
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I started watching it about a week ago and I'm starting season 6 now.

Wow, you really get through the episodes quickly eh :P

I love the character development and how each season has a new main villain.

Kind of to be expected, it would be pretty dull and stagnant without new villains and plots now wouldn't it.

I also like Dexter because of how cold blooded he is and not afraid to take out the monsters of the world.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Now that Yvonne Strahovski is in the show, I'm even more interested.
Will she take off her clothes?!?

She seems to be interested in Dexter. There'll probably be some skin or partial nudity like with the others he's been with.
Wow, you really get through the episodes quickly eh

When you have nothing much to do, it's a good way to spend time.
116 posts
Nomad

Now that Yvonne Strahovski is in the show, I'm even more interested.

ahh, I might need to get caught up afterall...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I think a good twist in Dexter would be that the blonde chick was the one that actually killed, and Wayne just took the fall for it. They hinted at it too, Dexter said she looked nostalgic while playing with the giraffe. Right now it's just too simple.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Ah, they killed as a couple. Interesting.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

****, did not expect the last ten minutes of that episode. First the putting Hannah on the table about to kill her, then cutting her loose and having sex on the table. **** just got that much more complicated for Dexter... in a relationship with someone who he usually kills and the mob boss getting out of jail because of Quinn.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Dexter and Hannah's relationship is getting stronger, Ivan is out, and Debra is okay with Dexter killing now. She even requested he kill Hannah, but that won't happen, at least not for now. I don't think the relationship will last, because all others have ended. I think it'll end with Hannah trying to kill Debra then Dexter killing Hannah, or even Debra killing Hannah. But now Dexter has to worry about Ivan, it won't be easy catching him, he's a mob boss after all...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Huh, Ivan and Victor were lovers. I thought Ivan was his dad, not boyfriend. But the situation is getting out of hand, Ivan took shots at Dexter while he was at a doughnut shop. Dexter also told Debra about his relationship with Hannah, she's royally pissed off... and even told Dexter she was in love with him during an argument. Nothing happened, but I knew it would come up sooner or later. She was having those fantasies about him previous season iirc.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Oh, his name is Isaak, not Ivan. I don't remember these names well. But I'm currently watching the new episode. My dvr didn't want to record it for some reason.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Hate to see Isaak go like that, I was starting to like him. Quinn is getting angrier at that club manager, I wonder if he'll end up killing him, or Dexter will. Pretty sure he fits Dexter's code.

There's a new serial killer out there, sets his victims on fire. It looks like it's the arson investigator, but they've never made it this obvious. What a plot twist it would be if it turned out to be Doakes, I don't think we actually saw him die in the fire, could've just been disfigured and escaped. They've been talking about him a lot recently because LaGuerta has been investigating the Bay Harbor Butcher case.

I think the show ends next year. How do you guys think it'll end?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Only two episodes left, things are starting to get crazy. LaGuerta and Tom are starting to think that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher. Deb is looking for the only person that saw Hannah kill someone. Quinn finally stopped taking **** from that night club manager and took matters into his own hands.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Wow. Tom and LaGuerta were getting closer to uncovering it, but Dexter led them away. It got Tom to stop, but LaGuerta is still trying to prove that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher. She even set up a little trap for him, which kind of worked. Dexter wasn't able to kill that guy, the guy also got away, so he could turn Dexter in.
As for the Hannah and Debra situation, looks like it's about to be settled. Hannah tried to poison Deb, Dexter found out and turned Hannah in. Wonder what'll happen next.

Oh, and in the preview for the next episode, I love how they included the "surprise mother****er" scene/quote from Doakes.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

His biatch sister is messing up Dexter and Hannah's relationship which mean no more naked Yvonne Strahowski and angry me! BTW, the hot babe that was in the show a few years ago showed up in Spartacus (first season) but she didn't look as good but she was very undressed. xD

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Thinking about the previous episode, Deb could've poisoned herself to have Dexter believe Hannah did it. Deb really hates Hannah, so it's likely. Near the beginning it also showed her taking the medicine.

Also, Doakes may appear in the next episode. Probably not as a live character, but in a dream sequence or as a ghost, like Harry usually is.

I didn't see a point in Quinn's story. All it did was show that he was a dirty cop and can be pushed to an extent. How it ends makes it worse... he gets away with murder and loses his girlfriend for no apparent reason. How pointless was that. He was more interesting back when Stan Liddy was around.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Season finale comes on tonight! I'm excited to see it, but at the same time I don't want to wait for more episodes. Most of the current shows I watch are taking a break for a few months, so it has left a void.

Showing 16-30 of 36