Forums

ForumsPopular Media

What are the best movie quotes of all time.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 9:12am

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, which is why we get what happened last week. Which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it anmore than you..."

Cool Hand Luke (also, G'n'R)

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 10:55pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,226 posts

"A wizard is never late, a wizard always arrives precisely when he intends to" - Gandalf the Grey's entrance to The Lord Of The Rings

Correction, it is "A wizard in never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. In fact, he arrives precisely when he means to."

my favorite quotes from LOTR (not the Hobbit, I haven't seen it yet) are "Fool of a Took", and Gollum's argument with his alternate persona that ends with "Smeagol is FREEEEEEEEEE"

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 10:59am

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

Alright, here's a classic for all of you:

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

- The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 1:57pm

PeliHege

PeliHege

2 posts

LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 2:33pm

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

"Oh my God... I'm back. I'm home. All the time it was... we finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! **** you! God-**** you all to hell!"
      - Planet of the Apes (original)

Good movie, FANTASTIC scene

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 3:32pm

Deth666

Deth666

670 posts

"Well, if you give me a couple minutes of your time, I got a few things I'd like to talk to ya about. You know, eh, what you did wasn't really your fault. It's what you call, a eh, genetic defect. Mom called it the, the gene. My Grandfather had the gene, he eh, came over from the boat from Ireland in 1912 and I guess he passed it on to my Old Man. My Old Man was a great guy, a real ***** cat, you know hard worker. Big sports fan, but sometimes on his way home from the docks he liked to stop in with the guys and have a couple of beers, ya know. I remember coming home from school one day, and eh, the whole house was dark. Couldn't figure it out. I heard my Mom crying off in the dark someplace, and I was old enough at that point I could reach the light switch. I turned the lights on, and I saw, what he did to her. So I went to my room and I got, the eh, baseball bat. Mikey Mantel model my Old Man give me for Christmas, and I found the Old Man passed out in the bathtub, and I tattooed him. Needless to say, when I came home everyday from school after that, the eh, house is lit up like Ebbet's Field, and the Old Man eh, never drank again. So all I'm saying to you is if you wanna drink, you go ahead and drink. But if I ever find out that you laid your hands on that little girl again, me and Mr. Mantle are gonna pay you a visit my friend." (He then proceeds to beat the guy with a toaster)

Suicide Kings circa 1997

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 5:12pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

There a few recent movies which I can quote some awesome lines.. xD Keep in mine these probably aren't the best of all time but they're still good imo, and these were recent movies I saw.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!
POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!

Django Unchained (2012)

-Calvin Candie: Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now, you have my attention.

-Stephen: You said you ain't know him.
Broomhilda: Huh?
Stephen: I said, "You said you ain't know him."
Broomhilda: I don't.
Stephen: Yes, you do.
Broomhilda: Mister Stephen, I don't.
Stephen: Why is you lying to me?
Broomhilda: [on the verge of tears] I ain't.
Stephen: Then why is you cryin'?
Broomhilda: You scaring me.
Stephen: Why is I'm scarin' you?
Broomhilda: Because you're scary.

I thought this one was pretty funny..

The Seven Psychopaths (2012)

-Hans: An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
Billy: No, it doesn't. There'll be one guy left with one eye. How's the last blind guy gonna take out the eye of the last guy left?

I laughed so much on this part, great actors.

-Marty: That's just ****ing great! Oh great! Do you know what that is?
Hans: Yeah.
Marty: Do you know what that is?
Hans: Great.
Marty: That's just ****ing great!

-Zachariah: You didn't think I was what? Serious? You think I'm not serious just because I carry a rabbit?

Just lul..

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 5:22pm

NemNems

NemNems

6 posts

**** armor games for censoring the vulgar words, even the most importants, like f u c k or s h i t :/ How can we make a good movie quote without a vulgar word ?

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 9:34pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

**** armor games for censoring the vulgar words, even the most importants, like f u c k or s h i t :/ How can we make a good movie quote without a vulgar word ?

Ok to put this perfectly, paragraph 9 of the Community Forum Rules and Regulations.

As said:

No excessive swearing or language. If you're that angry about something, take a break from the forums for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the forums. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces. We are much more likely to ban users for this behavior than those who let the profanity filter replace cuss words with *'s instead. Still, excessive swearing can get you in trouble too, so keep it clean.

So even if they censor it.. Why does it matter, you can almost 90% of the time tell what it is. This is a PG-13 site get used to it.

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 9:45pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

And so not to be completely off topic, even though it is a double post, here.

Lion King

-Rafiki: "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it."

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

-Dumbledore: "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."

SW: The Empire Strikes Back

-Yoda: ''Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.''

PotC: The Curse of the Black Pearl

-Jack Sparrow: No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You've burned all the food, the shade, the RUM!
Elizabeth Swann: Yes, the rum is gone.
Jack Sparrow: Why is the rum gone?
Elizabeth Swann: One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire royal navy is out looking for me; do you really think that there is EVEN the slightest chance that they won't see it?
Jack Sparrow: But why is the rum gone?!

Reply to What are the best movie quotes of all time.

You must be logged in to post a reply!