Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Should they start serving alcohol at McDonald's ?

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:02pm

Mycal101

Mycal101

312 posts

I would go there a lot more often if they did :D

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:10pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

So not only will America be the fattest nation, they'll also be the drunkest?

I can see it now: A lot of obese drunk people stumbling around and car accidents rising.

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:13pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,853 posts

Knight

Germany serves beer there.....

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:14pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

4,843 posts

In some countries in europe (germany, netherlands, etc) they (and other fast food restaurants too, like burger king) serve beer, not in every branch store, since... a long time.
But not in bottles, they serve it in the same cups like soft-drinks...

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:26pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Oh, yes. Let's do as bars, restaurants and clubs do; serve alcohol! Especially since five year olds are usually there! While we're at it, shall we let minors drink?

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:32pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,836 posts

Why not? If the age of the customer is above the legal drinking age, I don't see any problem. By the way, in Spain they serve beer too.

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:46pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

If the age of the customer is above the legal drinking age, I don't see any problem. By the way, in Spain they serve beer too.

I don't have much faith that my fellow Americans will control themselves. To become the fattest country in the world, I can't expect them to control their drinking.

The difference between fast food places and bars is that there aren't as many bars around. Where I live there're over 10 fast food restaurants in a 1 mile radius, no bars. There are also several schools in that radius, so I expect the worse if they decide to serve alcohol.

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:50pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Ghost's reasoning is infallible and indefatigable. Imagine what would happen if some kids went to a McDonalds after school? Or what if the McDonalds was NEXT to a school!

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 2:18pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

Ghost's reasoning is infallible and indefatigable. Imagine what would happen if some kids went to a McDonalds after school? Or what if the McDonalds was NEXT to a school!

Would depend on the type of school and the age range, as kids would still need to be of a legal age.

The difference between fast food places and bars is that there aren't as many bars around. Where I live there're over 10 fast food restaurants in a 1 mile radius, no bars

Depends where you live though. Where i live (at home, not here) there nearest McDs is like a 20 minute drive, yet within a five minute walk there's six bars.

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 2:31pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,836 posts

If kids go to a McDonalds that serves alcohol, the staff working there shouldn't serve any to them. Or ask for the identity card to verify the age in case of doubt. Are you suggesting that they could be able to buy alcoholic drinks regardless their age?

Honestly, I have no idea how things work in America, but here we don't have drunk kids on the streets due to fact that McDonalds serves alcohol.

Reply to Should they start serving alcohol at McDonald's ?

You must be logged in to post a reply!