ForumsWEPRShould they start serving alcohol at McDonald's ?

85 22885
Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

I would go there a lot more often if they did

• 85 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

yea i know now. we call it coma-drinking. same thing tho.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

They might be able to get around that by using an automated dispenser.

How would they ID someone, if it were legal?
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

How would they ID someone, if it were legal?

What I said on page 2 (or three):

An obvious workaround would be to have an automated beer server like what they do for the drive-thru soft drinks. At the front counter, the machine would have a scanning device for I.D's. Then, the customer would enter their drink order, and BAM you get a beer. Since you would have to scan your I.D. for EACH drink, this would also be an effective way to limit consumption of alcohol, and reduce the risk of people buying drinks for minors.

American I.D.s are scan-able, by the way. I guess that should be made clear.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Ah, sorry, didn't see your previous post.

How do these work? I've seen them in supermarkets in my city. I think it scans them then a employee has to check its your ID. How do they know if its your ID without employee interference?

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

How do they know if its your ID without employee interference?

I've never seen any automatic dispensers for alcohol, but I would assume there's a password associated with it or something like that. Or a signature scanner maybe.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

but I would assume there's a password associated with it or something like that

steal the ID and the password.

it's harder but still not flawless. like whit the ATM's.

Or a signature scanner maybe.

i never write my signature the same twice. just because i can't.
it's going to be very very hard for a machine to compare it.

=======================================

what they could do maybe. is making a adult section of the restaurant. where this machine can work like any vending machine.
but then again you have to controle people that enter the section on their age.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

There's always going to be a way around something, or people who try regardless.

it's harder but still not flawless. like whit the ATM's.

is making a adult section of the restaurant. where this machine can work like any vending machine.

They could just get an adult to get alcohol for them then. If people want something bad enough, they're going to get it, or try to. Limiting 99.9% of everyone because those few can't get along with the world is just a collective injury for no reason.

Anyways, does anyone think that any sort of fast food restaurant shouldn't be allowed to serve alcohol -at all?- Not getting into how they would make sure they only sold to those legally able to consume it at that time/place.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I've never seen any automatic dispensers for alcohol, but I would assume there's a password associated with it or something like that. Or a signature scanner maybe.

Either way it's never 100% safe, even with employees controlling the ID. When you control IDs all day long, you don't double-check them all. Test purchases in shops offering alcohol evidenced that some shops didn't apply strict control and sold alcohol to minors.

Plus I would think that the penalty, in case a minor gets caught buying alcohol at a dispenser with a stolen ID and pass, should be high enough to discourage a reasonable amount of people.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

How does a bartender know its actually your I.D.? These are driver licenses we are talking about here, by the way. In the U.S., fake I.D.s that are scannable are much more expensive than normal fake I.D.s (though, they do exist of course). I'm basing that information on no particular source, so feel free to refute/back me up.

Walmarts in certain states scan your I.D. when you try to by alcohol. It makes sense. You could still have someone over 21 over seeing the whole operation, of course. Cameras in the store also make it less likely that people will give drinks to minors (while in the store). If some guy loans a minor his I.D. so that he can buy beer, well...

This seems unlikely for a few reasons. For one thing, it means the actual owner won't be able to buy alcohol, since the machine limits consumption. Also, he risks having the card confiscated (the adult present could conduct random searches). Also, he would be without his actual driver's license for a while. If he just handed off the card while he and the minor were both in the store, he would be caught on camera.

All in all this system seems, if anything, more reliable than the system normally used in places that sell alcohol.
cmb2kool
cmb2kool
378 posts
Nomad

Heck No, they are already bad enough

Showing 76-85 of 85