ForumsWEPRShould they start serving alcohol at McDonald's ?

85 22872
Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

I would go there a lot more often if they did

• 85 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

That's not what I'm saying. If you have been in a restaurant and McDonald, look at the difference of people there.

Usually...

-They have young children with them.
-They look like they've been on the road for some time.
-They are more likely to be overweight to some extent.

Those are all the differences I can think of. Behavior is pretty much the same, go over to a table, sit down/eat/talk, leave when done.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

That's not what I'm saying. If you have been in a restaurant and McDonald, look at the difference of people there.

I don't know which Michelin Star restaurants you visit; but the only differences I can offer are, if a person really loves McDonalds, a person is in a jiffy and needs a quick bite, or a person really needs cheap food. None of these really present a correlation that would indicate a massive increase in sodden popinjays.

Quite a few European nations have McDonalds with beer; try don't complain about it being a family restaurant. If a cost effective system that prevents people from drinking the stuff when they legally shouldn't can be found, why not? There are kids working in restaurants, petrol kiosks, provision shops, convenience stores; all of which have alcohol, yet we hardly utter a sound of protest.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

European nations are also quite a bit more lax with alcohol consumption than the United States, something I have yet to understand. And it really does depend on the person, I have no doubt that serving alcohol at McDonald's would cause something of an uproar. Especially if it was also offered in the drive-through and considering the sheer number of idiots who seem to occupy the road here, I have no doubt that the state revenue from DUIs would increase markedly.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

That is why McDonald's shouldn't start serving alcohol since that will happen to America.

Seriously? I'm pretty a lot of McDonalds in Europe sells at least beer, and in the slavic countries they sell rakija and vodka and other (really bad quality) hardcore drinks. If your nation can't control itself enough not to get drunk in a McDonalds restaurant, I have bad news for you.

Personal opinion; I'm surprised about the responses this has gotten. Kids may go to any restaurant, anywhere. And I know of some restaurants close to my house that probably serve a much larger number of children than McD does. This doesn't mean these restaurants should be disallowed from serving alcoholic beverages. If anything, no one even buys the vodkas and beers and any other alcohol from McDonalds because it's the most disgusting tasting drink you can find on Earth.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Vodka is the most disgusting? Boo....

I wish they serve alcohol here. A cold beer instead of a stale Coke would make my day.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Beer is fine, but vodka? McDonalds is cheap, and cheap vodka is poison...

Ah well, everyone going to McDonalds have themselves to blame anyway, so let them offer whatever they want I guess.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Beer is fine, but vodka? McDonalds is cheap, and cheap vodka is poison...

Yeah but you can get cheap vodka at a store anyways. Same risks. At least serving it at a food place means there's something in your stomach rather than going out drinking on an empty stomach.
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I don't see the point. McDonalds is a fast food chain, one of the most successful in the world. How many other fast food chains do you see serving alcohol? There's alcohol in convenient stores of all kinds, bars, and alcohol-only selling stores. Why would you add that into a fast food joint?

And as others said, McDonalds hires a lot of high school kids. I believe you have to be either 15 or 16 to work there. Minors can't sell alcohol. It wouldn't do so good for business as some might think.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I don't see the point. McDonalds is a fast food chain, one of the most successful in the world. How many other fast food chains do you see serving alcohol? There's alcohol in convenient stores of all kinds, bars, and alcohol-only selling stores. Why would you add that into a fast food joint?

Sonic, Burger King, McDonalds, Pizza Hut. Fast food isn't confined o selling soft drinks, if there's money in it, they'll go for it. Convenience stalls might sell alcohol, but what about people who want a beer and fast food and theres no store nearby? Better to have them in the same place.

As pointed out, virtually all eateries serve alcohol, and youths do work in places that serve and sell alcohol already.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Vodka is the most disgusting? Boo....

It tastes like pre-mature homebrew.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I like favored vodka or vodka cocktails. But oh well!

Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

In my country it is illegal and it is bad because it makes you 'bad'

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

it is bad because it makes you 'bad'

Alcohol doesn't make anyone bad. It lowers inhibitions and is a depressant. How people act following that varies widely from person to person and how much they consumed, what they have access to and what others around them are doing.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

In my country it is illegal and it is bad because it makes you 'bad'

It's illegal in Saudi Arabia because it's an Islamic country and alcohol and other intoxicants are forbidden in Islam.
St0f
St0f
13 posts
Nomad

I cant ever imagine mc donalds serving a nice beer. Their beer would be warm and nasty, probably with cheesburger stains all over it. Nothnx, i'd rather go to a bar.

Showing 31-45 of 85