Forums

ForumsPopular Media

favorite metal band?

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 10:33pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,239 posts

Knight

@nicho-I went to a suicide silence concert once, and in my opinion, they didn't put on a very good show. the music all sounded the same (riffs and all), and the singer couldn't growl in the microphone without cupping his hands around it, and he kept on going on and on about how baked he was. he tried to get a circle pit going, but very few actually joined in. afterwards, machine head came in, and the entire crowd roared. it was the most fun I had in ages. then megadeth came on, and I had fun then as well.

They do sound great when they're not live so I'm not fussed.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 6:22am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

They do sound great when they're not live

kinda like system of a down?
the really suck big time live, but on album they are 1 of the best out there.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 3:05pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

kinda like system of a down?
the really suck big time live

I'm goin to have to strongly disagree with you on this. The only time I've ever heard them sound bad live was when they did a concert for MTV, and they did that on purpose because of their strong dislike for them.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 6:07pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

I'm goin to have to strongly disagree with you on this. The only time I've ever heard them sound bad live was when they did a concert for MTV, and they did that on purpose because of their strong dislike for them.

ive seen them live twice.
and both times it really sucked.
mainly because the drummer was singing (what he always does live) and no1 shut up his mic. he can't sing and ruins the concerts they give.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 6:16pm

Armpit

Armpit

803 posts

Led Zeppelin has a great sound. I don't care for much modern metal music but Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands out of any genre.

Posted Sep 9, '12 at 2:58am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

mainly because the drummer was singing (what he always does live) and no1 shut up his mic. he can't sing and ruins the concerts they give.

Are you sure you saw System of a Down? I am a huge fan of the band and have seen many of their live concerts and NEVER have I seen John sing. In fact, almost the entire time he will keep his face in like a dead serious state so that he can focus on keeping the beat.

Posted Sep 9, '12 at 3:00am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

Are you sure you saw System of a Down?

Sorry, this came off a bit rude...what I meant to say was are you sure it was System of a Down you saw? (and not another band you might be mistaking 'em for for some reason)

Posted Oct 18, '12 at 11:36pm

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

531 posts

Hey Is Lincoln Park considered metal if so yes that my fav ( Can't Break it Burn it To the Ground!!)

Posted Oct 19, '12 at 2:14am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

I'd like to add a bit more...

Meshuggah, Sepultura, KoRn, Mastodon, Cannibal Corpse, Korpiklaani

Reply to favorite metal band?

You must be logged in to post a reply!