Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Teacher Leads Bullying In Class - Doesn't Get Fired

Posted Sep 1, '12 at 11:25pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

5,231 posts

I remember hearing about Waiting for Superman, I never got the chance to watch it though, I'll have to hunt it down now. The past is the past, let it remain there, and honestly, I feel like teaching is the one of those places where the competition ought to be cut throat, let them be paid a lot and may the best teacher win. Although I have the ****edest feeling that this would result in teachers forging standardized test scores. Which is a rant in and of itself.

Posted Sep 1, '12 at 11:46pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

Schools tend to downplay every incident that happens.

There was a restraining order in which one student at my school wasn't allowed to be within a certain number of feet from a friend of mine. The school informed my friend's parents that they were allowing the one student back in school. They stated that the student was allowed on school grounds, despite the restraining order, as if the school was above the law. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that was a load of crap. Luckily, my friend was going to give the school permission to allow him to come back. Unfortunately, the school made that call, not my friend.

Posted Sep 1, '12 at 11:57pm

314d1

314d1

3,962 posts

There was a restraining order in which one student at my school wasn't allowed to be within a certain number of feet from a friend of mine. The school informed my friend's parents that they were allowing the one student back in school. They stated that the student was allowed on school grounds, despite the restraining order, as if the school was above the law. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that was a load of crap. Luckily, my friend was going to give the school permission to allow him to come back. Unfortunately, the school made that call, not my friend.

I am pretty sure judges usually make that call, I don't know much about restraining orders but from what I hear they can't stop you from going to work, school, or other such necessities. Blaming the school for it doesn't sound correct. Or relevant.

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 12:25am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,240 posts

Knight

I remember hearing about Waiting for Superman, I never got the chance to watch it though, I'll have to hunt it down now. The past is the past, let it remain there, and honestly, I feel like teaching is the one of those places where the competition ought to be cut throat, let them be paid a lot and may the best teacher win. Although I have the ****edest feeling that this would result in teachers forging standardized test scores. Which is a rant in and of itself.

They tries to do it in the Capital; introduce huge bonuses based on merit; but the unions didn't even want to vote. The unions need to be castrated first, as Thatcher showed rather ruthlessly.

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 12:46am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

I know teacher's Unions are big in places like new york, but in texas, that concept is almost unheard of. the teachers where I live don't often get fired for poor performance, but they sure as hell get fired for anything that could tarnish the image of the district.

I don't know about you, but unions are great when needed, but they become a pain afterwards because they stonewall everything that doesn't guarantee them absolute benefit.

-Blade

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 5:00am

sensanaty

sensanaty

1,145 posts

This is news in the US?

This happened to a friend of mine back in 2003 when I was 15, nothing happened to the teacher. But, a month later that same friend did the same times 2 to the teacher. So why don't this kid just do the same? No matter if he's an adult, numbers beat size and strength (and age in this situation). They can't throw the kid(s) out of the school because the school did nothing about the teacher.

Revenge is a mistress, and a mistress that is giving herself out easily too.

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 7:35am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

sue him for assault. let him pay 50% of his income to the boy the rest of his year. that will fix it.

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 7:36am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

*rest of his life that is ofcourse.

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 10:46am

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

5,231 posts

No it won't. It's not about money, it's the fact that someone in a position of authority led an assault on a child. That's not something you fix by throwing money at someone.

So why don't this kid just do the same?

Because we live in a civilized society where an eye for eye isn't an actual law anymore? Our government's laws and the police force are in place for a reason, to stop things like this from occurring, yes, they failed in this case, but that does not mean we simply throw it all out the window and opt for revenge.

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 10:56am

DSM

DSM

1,309 posts

This is news in the US?

This is a news everywhere

This happened to a friend of mine back in 2003 when I was 15, nothing happened to the teacher. But, a month later that same friend did the same times 2 to the teacher.

So your friend became hulk in a month?

So why don't this kid just do the same?

Because he cant turn into a hulk. This is real life, and not some sort of video game.

No matter if he's an adult, numbers beat size and strength (and age in this situation).

In this situation, the teacher got the numbers, size, strength and the age.

They can't throw the kid(s) out of the school because the school did nothing about the teacher.

You tell them that. Back when I was a kid, they kicked a kid out of school, because he accidentally hit a teacher with a water balloon. Don't you think somebody will get kicked out, if he tried to beat a teacher.

Reply to Teacher Leads Bullying In Class - Doesn't Get Fired

You must be logged in to post a reply!