ForumsWEPRTeacher Leads Bullying In Class - Doesn't Get Fired

37 13082
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

A teacher leads a bullying rally against a 13 year old boy and is caught on camera.

The teacher wasn't fired, he was merely transferred to a different school district.

The teacher's union is to horrible teachers what the Catholic church is to pedophile priests.

• 37 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

sue him for assault. let him pay 50% of his income to the boy the rest of his year. that will fix it.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

*rest of his life that is ofcourse.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

No it won't. It's not about money, it's the fact that someone in a position of authority led an assault on a child. That's not something you fix by throwing money at someone.

So why don't this kid just do the same?

Because we live in a civilized society where an eye for eye isn't an actual law anymore? Our government's laws and the police force are in place for a reason, to stop things like this from occurring, yes, they failed in this case, but that does not mean we simply throw it all out the window and opt for revenge.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

This is news in the US?

This is a news everywhere

This happened to a friend of mine back in 2003 when I was 15, nothing happened to the teacher. But, a month later that same friend did the same times 2 to the teacher.

So your friend became hulk in a month?

So why don't this kid just do the same?

Because he cant turn into a hulk. This is real life, and not some sort of video game.

No matter if he's an adult, numbers beat size and strength (and age in this situation).

In this situation, the teacher got the numbers, size, strength and the age.

They can't throw the kid(s) out of the school because the school did nothing about the teacher.

You tell them that. Back when I was a kid, they kicked a kid out of school, because he accidentally hit a teacher with a water balloon. Don't you think somebody will get kicked out, if he tried to beat a teacher.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

This is a news everywhere

In the '90s in Serbia this was happening everywhere. It still is happening everywhere in Serbia.

So your friend became hulk in a month?

No, my friend gathered a group of people and returned what the teacher delivered to him originally.

Because he cant turn into a hulk. This is real life, and not some sort of video game.

And I'm talking about real life.

In this situation, the teacher got the numbers, size, strength and the age.

A single teacher sure does beat a dozen or so hormone filled delinquents, right?

Don't you think somebody will get kicked out, if he tried to beat a teacher.

Back when I was a kid, in Serbia, this happened in every single primary school. The Motherland is a ruthless place, and only grows worse today.

Because we live in a civilized society where an eye for eye isn't an actual law anymore?

No, we wish to live in a civilized society. While this may be the case in some cities, it does not apply to a large number of cities/countries.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

In the '90s in Serbia this was happening everywhere.

How old are you. How would you know what happened in 90s. Unless it was in news or the public knew somehow. In that case, could you provide me a source.

It still is happening everywhere in Serbia.

Provide me a source

No, my friend gathered a group of people and returned what the teacher delivered to him originally.

So police did nothing, while 15 year old kids beat up a adult?

And I'm talking about real life.

Doesn't look like that

A single teacher sure does beat a dozen or so hormone filled delinquents, right?

First of all, if you haven't watched the video, the so called delinquents are with the teacher.
And second, even if we assume so called delinquent was with the bullied boy. Do you think an adult cant beat up a bunch of 13 year old kids?
This will be the scenario, 1 a bunch of kids get gathered 2 they rush the teacher 3 they get beaten up 4 all the kids gets kicked out of school
I don't know about you, but I don't see where it would harm the teacher.

Back when I was a kid, in Serbia, this happened in every single primary school. The Motherland is a ruthless place, and only grows worse today.

Russia is known for its delinquents/gangs whatever you want to call them. But in school, as soon the teacher enters the class, all the students stand up to show respect.
If even in Russia students behave good, then I doubt that Serbia is as bad, as you want us to believe. Unless you can provide source and prove me wrong.

No, we wish to live in a civilized society. While this may be the case in some cities, it does not apply to a large number of cities/countries.

I think it the other way around. We do live in a civilized society, but a few individuals make it look like we live in some sort of war zone...
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

So by playing the revenge game and further bypassing established rules you're expressing your wish to live in a civilized society. I can't claim to know what you have experienced but I refuse to believe that you've had no recourse.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

So by playing the revenge game and further bypassing established rules you're expressing your wish to live in a civilized society. I can't claim to know what you have experienced but I refuse to believe that you've had no recourse.

Hey, believe what you want. Not every place is civilized. You should see the **** schools in China. The rural ones. Or African ones. Been to both; not always pretty.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Notice the use of the word "you" Nicho, I realize there are places where things are terrible, I said I didn't believe that he had been in such a situation, or rather his friend.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Notice the use of the word "you" Nicho, I realize there are places where things are terrible, I said I didn't believe that he had been in such a situation, or rather his friend.

Considering he is from Serbia, in the post soviet bloc, I am inclined to believe him and there is no reason really not to... Why don't you believe him, exactly?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The Balkans have been a mess for two decades. He lives in Indonesia now which isn't always a help too.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

So we're to the point where Serbia is a place where teachers and students seem to be able to attack each other in a classroom setting without the slightest bit of notice from anyone? Really?

Also, I didn't say I didn't believe him, I didn't believe that his friend had no other options than to gather a gang of students to attack a teacher.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

So we're to the point where Serbia is a place where teachers and students seem to be able to attack each other in a classroom setting without the slightest bit of notice from anyone? Really?

Why would the world notice that? It's not like every micro piece of news is reported. Anyway, UNICEF has a programme explicitly called Schools Without Violence in Serbia. Kind of says it all.

The Institute for Psychology at the Belgrade Philosophy Faculty conducted a study in 54 schools in Serbia as one of the components of the School Without Violence programme. The results of the study suggest that violence is ubiquitous in schools in Serbia. The study covered 32,617 people, 28,931 students and 3,686 adults. 65% of students said that they had been affected by some kind of violent behaviour at least once, while 24% said that they had been affected more than once.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Yep. And you really don't want to go out on their streets. Why in the hell do you think he moved away from the country he seemed to love so much?

Also, I didn't say I didn't believe him, I didn't believe that his friend had no other options than to gather a gang of students to attack a teacher.

What else could he have done? Gone to the *Snickers* authorities? That may work in a well organized land in America, but I would assume that in Serbia the authorities are probably the worst option for all involved. The kid would probably get picked on for calling the authorities (And being "Picked on" in a country like Serbia is much worse then the "Bullying" we have in America) and little or nothing would be done about the event. I can't think of anything he could have done better, except maybe getting the hell out of Serbia.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Yep. And you really don't want to go out on their streets. Why in the hell do you think he moved away from the country he seemed to love so much?

He's studyin overseas. LOL.
Showing 16-30 of 37