ForumsSupport ForumI need information...

11 2821
snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

Who is Merit_Recognition. I mean I know why he/she is here to recognize merit worthy members on Armor Games. But is he/she apart of the AG team, or just a member that wants to know.

What I mean is, does he/she talk directly to the people who give out merits, or do the people who give out merits go there to see merit worthy comments?

Please help me understand this guys/gals reason for being here

Thanks in advance

~Snowman1474

• 11 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Merit_Recognation is not a person, it's a profile created for users to submit comments they think are merit worthy, and the mods check them out. It's a system that basically makes finding some comments that deserve merits easier, however I didn't know it was still running until today(just like SHOPS, ain't that weird huh?)

Ps, only Mods and Admins can hand out Merits if you were wondering.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Well its Carlie she made it for other users to find good comments well who else would have made it but Carlie?And how do I know this of course she told me.

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

Wow, thanks guys
Carlie does a lot of good things to help Armor Games, so I guess when you really think about it she would make something like that.

thanks RaptorExx, I thought that only Daniel could give out merits... But that would take up his whole day, and I would think that he has more important matters to attend to.

And I also thank you crazynaitor for that useful contribution too

Thanks to you all for giving me a better understanding on what the profile Merit_Recognition is. And what it's real purpose is

~Snowman1474

P.S. I didn't know that it was a dormant account...thought non active accounts would get deleted from the system or something.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

P.S. I didn't know that it was a dormant account...thought non active accounts would get deleted from the system or something.

Well I'm not entirely sure if they've started doing that yet, but as far as I know they do not delete inactive accounts, as that would be a lot of hard work seeing as there are over 50,000(as far as I can remember off the top of my head!) accounts, most likely around 30,000 of those are inactive.

I thought that only Daniel could give out merits... But that would take up his whole day, and I would think that he has more important matters to attend to.

wow, that would be a horrible experience! I don't think anyone should have to suffer the job of giving out merits alone o_o
Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

wow, that would be a horrible experience! I don't think anyone should have to suffer the job of giving out merits alone o_o

And also Dan does not get enough time to give out merits at all he would always be too busy working on the site but at least he could if he wanted to.Right?
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Well yes, I was merely saying that no person should have to shift through hundreds, thousands if you count the days work probably, comments alone! It would be an evil task, but yeah, I guess if he did have the time he has the power to =D

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

yeah, that would be a living hell to read thousands of comments that could be 3 paragraphs long! everyday just to give out 25 points(think it's 25) But I guess thats one of the reasons he's made moderators to help him with the everyday hassles that he has no time to deal with himself.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

Only about 5 good comments come on a day actually on merit recognition

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

yes merit recognition is very helpful. it (i say it cuz that what recognition is, a noun) its a profile that can get u merits. some1 posts a comment about an merit worthy comment, and it notes your comment.

i guessu hav ur answer already.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Merit_Recognition is just a way for Moderators to improve their rate on giving out Merits. People just post on that profile to improve their chances of a well-earned Merit.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

@drakokirby

Actually, unless they've changed the rules, you are not allowed to post your own comments and put them up for Meriting.

Showing 1-11 of 11