ForumsPopular Mediabest horror movie ever

42 17520
fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

i think 28 hours is the best horror movie becuase people try to escape and kill these infected people with zombie rage

• 42 Replies
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I'm going back to the basics and say Nightmare On Elms Street 2.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

For best western horror movie I'd say Halloween. I do like the fact that the "monster" of that movie is only human instead of some spirit/undead/random monster. However I have watched a lot of TV and movies as well as reading a lot of books so most western stories are predictable and cliched to me forcing me toward weirder media. Thus I explored Japanese horror and came across Gyo (warning: do not watch this movie unless you're already accustomed to and comfortable with Japanese horror and Japanese culture in general) which has become my all time favorite horror movie.

AngelicDreams
AngelicDreams
44 posts
Nomad

"The Exorcist" creeped me the heck out

samblue234
samblue234
136 posts
Peasant

@AngelicDreams.
That's the point of horror movies. It's supposed to "creep you the heck out". Ftw.

Poloturtle3000
Poloturtle3000
10 posts
Peasant

disturbia. he kept popping up all over the place. insidious is creepy too

szk
szk
4 posts
Nomad

I haven't seen much but Halloween 1978 is amazing.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Lol The shining is my favorite, especcally the twist at the end.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

insidious is creepy too

Until the end..when they tried to explain it all with that dream crap

Honestly, in my opinion, it's hard to find good horror movies. Most of them turn out to just be suspenseful movies (one was mentioned earlier, Sixth Sense) and a lot of others try to pass itself off as a horror movie through cheap scares (the kind that make one jump, and leaves it at that)

What I like from my horror movies are the possibility of it happening (The Bad Seed, for example) or a lack of explanation (Blair Witch Project).

I'd love to get a chance to make my own horror movies, I've got a pretty twisted mind, I think I could do quite well. Especially a movie based off of an image I randomly imagined one time (demon/creature thing, tall..torso and head is seen out of the 2nd story of a house, face seems to be like a mask on the head..though is actually the face, long and pointed nose, mouth sewed close right in the middle...left and right sides are still open however, round eyes...right one with a lot of dried blood under it, somewhat long black hair..goes to about halfway at neck..hair going from back of head is straight..hair going from left and right side is frizzy, arms so long they reach the ground...completely black...6 fingers...pointed at the tips but not sharp, body composed of random black and red splotches, when looks directly at person..the person hears a faint piercing scream that gradually gets louder..but only when looking at the creature in the face and being looked at back, the creature does not attack ferociously...but circles the house trying to reach in for the person at random times)
landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

I dunno if it's horror or just scary, but I love Signs. Recently saw The Blare Witch Project, it freaked me out, but it's pretty awesome. As for The Shining... all I can think of is "Here's Johnny!" xD

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

If anyone has seen "The girl next door" they will know it is really messed up if anyone hasn't seen it it's on lovefilm but be warned it is really disturbing and sick.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

hey im going to make this a rank thing so here is my ranks
(1)dawn of the dead
(2)28 days
(3)chain saw mascare

Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

The Saw series have a horror which is horrible horrible
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

This isnt the best, but it's related. Anyone else know about "Halloween" coming out in theaters again? Well you do now.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

The Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver

It's not scary but it's a laugh riot with lots of blood. Sort of a horror parody almost. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

QuickHands
QuickHands
2 posts
Nomad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQWooWOZkhA

Showing 16-30 of 42