ForumsWEPRBig Brother: Coming Soon To Airspace Near You

10 4227
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

According to a number of articles (listed at end of post), the combat and surveillance drones being used overseas to hunt and kill terrorists will be coming to watch you as soon as 2014-15.
Congress quietly passed a law in March of this year that orders the FAA to allow small surveillance drones to be operated by law-enforcement agencies and also sets up a fast-track for larger drones to be allowed in U.S. airspace by 2014-15. Under the current system, drones can only be operated in U.S. airspace with a special permit.

"So what?" you ask. "They're only going to use little drones to look for criminals. What could possibly go wrong?" Lots of things. First of all, they won't just be looking for bad guys, they'll be doing overall monitoring - including of you. The Supreme Court has conveniently ruled that the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, which guards against "... unreasonable search or seizure," does not apply to airspace. Furthermore, these aren't just camera drones: they're packing. Even the smallest of systems currently being adopted by police departments (yes, it's already happening. Police across the country are getting these things.) can carry not only up to four camera packages but also automatic shotguns, grenade launchers, and an unspecified long-range TASER system. Ostensibly, these weapons mounts will only fire "non-lethal" ammunition, like rubber bullets, beanbags, and tear gas, but you and I both know that these systems can be converted to kill with only a quick ammo swap.
And that's what's happening now. In two years or less, the Defense Department, which has a big hand in this, will be bringing in the big guns: Predator, Reaper, FireScout, and many other currently less-than-public types which as we all know from the news not only have extreme surveillance capacities but also can carry Hellfire missiles and apparently now a new form of smart bomb.
Now why would they need that kind of firepower constantly circling above us? Even if a terrorist was identified, you can't just drop a missile on them in downtown America; you'd do more damage than the terrorist would have. Also, there's the law of posse comitatus, which basically prohibits the use of military force in internal matters (excluding martial law).
So, what's the idea? Let's try "constantly spying on and eliminating Americans who don't like the government." Even as you're saying to yourself "it can't happen here, not in America," you know that it already does. After all, in America the government or police can't come to your house, bust in the door, and randomly start stealing stuff or murdering people. Oh wait, they already do: . 1984 much? The government's goal is to obtain complete and total control over all Americans by whatever means necessary. Why do you think there are cameras all over the place, RFID chips multiplying their presence, recordings being made of every phone call and email, government takeovers of private interests like the auto industry and healthcare, and now spy and attack drones coming to watch you from on high? This new program will give the government the ability to watch 24/7 any person who they deem to be a threat to their power, which according to the FBI's Megiddo Report and subsequent documents can include Jews, Christians, home-schoolers, conservatives, right-wingers, and people who just don't like the government. (Sounds familiar... maybe it was Nazi Germany? Or am I thinking of Soviet Russia?)
Now don't get me wrong. Drones as weapons of war are a fantastic new technology that when properly applied in theaters of conflict can keep American soldiers out of harm's way and help rid the world of despicable scum that uses religion and twisted ideology as an excuse to maim and murder. But when the government takes that war-fighting machine and turns it against American citizens, the very people they're sworn to protect, that quickly turns from life-saving and war-winning to outrageous and intolerable.
This is the next frontier in the government's consolidation of power. Americans need to wake up to the fact that their own leaders are betraying them and shredding their lawful, God-given rights in the name of power and under the guise of "security." Patrick Henry had it right in 1775 when he said "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" And according to former judge Andrew Napolitano, "The first American who shoots down a drone will be an American hero."
So, the next time you're outside and you hear a buzzing sound, look behind you to make sure there isn't a little helicopter drone lurking in the treeline, and if you look up into the sky and see a little glimmer, keep in mind that may be a drone watching you and the government operator flying it could decide to split your scalp with a missile at any time.

[I apologize in advance if these links fail.]
Bibliography:
[url=http://www.salon.com/2012/04/10/the_drones_are_coming_to_america/]

And more articles here (possibly referenced):

• 10 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 10