Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[NECRO] Christian and I'm Proud?

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 7:57pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I have noticed a huge trend among internet users who are christian. they are now starting to "come out" about their christianity, and quite frankly, I find it funny that they think they're in danger on the internet. but I want to know why this trend is suddenly occuring. why is it that christians are suddenly deciding that christianity is under fire, when a majority of people on this very planet are christian as well? is it the fact that they are seeing people besides christians on the internet, which makes them feel like a minority?

to clarify, I'm not against christianity, I'm against stupid trends. one that happens to involve christians.

-Blade

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 8:40pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,346 posts

Good question.... I dont know really. Lots of people just get but hurt over things. It could be simply that here, on AG, a majority of the christians are new users. It might simply be that they are just telling us...
I havent really noticed this much blade.
You mad bro?
[url=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png]

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 8:41pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

i guess they came to see that they can't win debates anymore.
starting to question themselves and get mad at atheists for causing it.

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 8:43pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I havent really noticed this much blade.
You mad bro?

it's not as common on here, but the majority of these instances are on sites like facebook and twitter. it might become more common here, but I'm hoping it won't.

-Blade

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 8:44pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,346 posts

i guess they came to see that they can't win debates anymore.
starting to question themselves and get mad at atheists for causing it.

See? we are just having a peaceful conversation and then BAM you throw that line in their. Do you know how hard it is to make people laugh over serious discussions and arguments?
Blade, I found your problem.

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 8:46pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,346 posts

it's not as common on here, but the majority of these instances are on sites like facebook and twitter. it might become more common here, but I'm hoping it won't.

No... I still havent seen much. Maybe its just my school then...
What I see are the Mormon adds on youtube that I commonly misread as "moron". Its nothing personal, but honestly I dont care just let me watch my video!

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 9:05pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

Evangelicism has been on the rise in the USA for years. Nothing new. They're just moving into the internet.

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 11:07pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

I don't really understand where you're coming from. Do you mean people are suddenly just going "OHOHOHOHOH I'M CHRISTIAN"?

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 11:24pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I don't really understand where you're coming from. Do you mean people are suddenly just going "OHOHOHOHOH I'M CHRISTIAN"?

It's like that, but in a more dignified way.

-Blade

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 11:29pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

Well, religion is a massive talking point on the internet, so maybe it's just that people are becoming more involved in discussions. It surely can't just be Christians.