Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[NECRO] Christian and I'm Proud?

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 11:29pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

I personally fail to see why it even matters what religion on tends to follow/not have. Why bring it up? No one has to.

Yet people always volunteer it. For some reason or another. On the internet.

You do know that is is hard enough to talk about religion (or even politics for that matter) with someone you know in person? So who thought it would be a great idea to broadcast such things over the internet to complete and utter strangers who are more than likely wankers?

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 11:33pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

You do know that is is hard enough to talk about religion (or even politics for that matter) with someone you know in person? So who thought it would be a great idea to broadcast such things over the internet to complete and utter strangers who are more than likely wankers?

Thanks Dev, definitely just spat water over my keyboard.

See I find it interesting to talk about Religion in person. It's better on the internet because there's always going to be conflicting viewpoints which makes it a good discussion.

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 1:03am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Thanks Dev, definitely just spat water over my keyboard.

I was coughing uncontrollably, but that's because I am sick.

Anyway, Christians? A minority? The large portion of Internet users resides in the U.S., and a large portion of the U.S. is usually Christian, to some extent.

Do pray for me, I feel like death warmed up (tea isn't helping that simile)

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 6:41am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

See? we are just having a peaceful conversation and then BAM you throw that line in their.

what line in where?
and i was 3rd post, you guys hardly even began a conversation yet.

Do you know how hard it is to make people laugh over serious discussions and arguments?

not that hard really.

Blade, I found your problem.

my problem? what problem?

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 7:52am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

Unless they congregate in certain Forums that cater to politics or relion or what not.

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 9:09am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

what line in where?

This one, "starting to question themselves and get mad at atheists for causing it."

my problem? what problem?

How did you get "partydevil, I found your problem?"

Anyways, I asked deathbewithyou about a similar point. According to him...

"christians often think they are alone on a website, at school, or anywhere else."

"Sure they can make friends with one another but they will rather want friends who can come to an agreement with them."

"want to make friends with other christians"

While there may be an evangelical part, at least some of it appears to be a simple extension to the internet now of people who feel strongly about their beliefs. Take from that what you will I suppose.

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 9:42am

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

Well certainly in the UK there's been rumblings of Muslim oppression of Christianity and a (frankly disgusting) growing undercurrent of racist ideology that states if you're not with us (us in this case being Christians) then you're obviously batting for the enemy (Muslims). The racially and religiously charged comments by former Archbishops probably isn't helping things when they talk about Christians being an oppressed minority in Britain and groups like the BNP are capitalizing on that and telling people to be obnoxiously in your face about your white Christianness.

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 10:16am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

Hope Griffins, the BNP and the EDL members all get cattle prods up their sorry racist assess.

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 11:44am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

starting to question themselves and get mad at atheists for causing it.

whats wrong whit it?
it's just my thought of why.

yea i saw that the moment i pressed submit.

blame armor games that they still didn't add a simple feature as a edit button for that.

Posted Sep 7, '12 at 12:20pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

whats wrong whit it?

Nothing in particular, it's just antagonistic.

blame armor games that they still didn't add a simple feature as a edit button for that.

They spent their time making the time stamps more inaccurate and moving the report flag to be more obnoxious. Job well done.