ForumsWEPR[NECRO] Christian and I'm Proud?

31 13242
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I have noticed a huge trend among internet users who are christian. they are now starting to "come out" about their christianity, and quite frankly, I find it funny that they think they're in danger on the internet. but I want to know why this trend is suddenly occuring. why is it that christians are suddenly deciding that christianity is under fire, when a majority of people on this very planet are christian as well? is it the fact that they are seeing people besides christians on the internet, which makes them feel like a minority?

to clarify, I'm not against christianity, I'm against stupid trends. one that happens to involve christians.

-Blade

• 31 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Well certainly in the UK there's been rumblings of Muslim oppression of Christianity and a (frankly disgusting) growing undercurrent of racist ideology that states if you're not with us (us in this case being Christians) then you're obviously batting for the enemy (Muslims). The racially and religiously charged comments by former Archbishops probably isn't helping things when they talk about Christians being an oppressed minority in Britain and groups like the BNP are capitalizing on that and telling people to be obnoxiously in your face about your white Christianness.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Hope Griffins, the BNP and the EDL members all get cattle prods up their sorry racist assess.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

starting to question themselves and get mad at atheists for causing it.

whats wrong whit it?
it's just my thought of why.

Blade, I found your problem.

yea i saw that the moment i pressed submit.

blame armor games that they still didn't add a simple feature as a edit button for that.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

whats wrong whit it?

Nothing in particular, it's just antagonistic.

blame armor games that they still didn't add a simple feature as a edit button for that.

They spent their time making the time stamps more inaccurate and moving the report flag to be more obnoxious. Job well done.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Nothing in particular, it's just antagonistic.

why is that?
i don't care if they blame me, my goal was to make them think about it.
aslong that happend. no hard feelings from this side.

and enough christians are not noisy about their religion.
i got nothing against those either. they don't care about me = i don't care about them
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Well certainly in the UK there's been rumblings of Muslim oppression of Christianity and a (frankly disgusting) growing undercurrent of racist ideology that states if you're not with us (us in this case being Christians) then you're obviously batting for the enemy (Muslims). The racially and religiously charged comments by former Archbishops probably isn't helping things when they talk about Christians being an oppressed minority in Britain and groups like the BNP are capitalizing on that and telling people to be obnoxiously in your face about your white Christianness

Ugh, now you've made me think twice about moving to England.
So, are the Muslims oppressing Christians in the first country to properly convert to christianity?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

why is that?

One, you bring up the "Atheism vs Theism" debate in that statement, which can easily lead to an argument not on the topic.

Two, you're indirectly saying that Christians can't hold their own in a debate about their own religion, regardless of whether or not they can.

Three, it just sounds arrogant.

Need I go on?

So, are the Muslims oppressing Christians in the first country to properly convert to christianity?

I haven't heard anything about this, so it can't be too severe. Anyone want to elaborate on what this "oppression" looks like?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i havnt read the first 3 pages and didnt have time so sorry if me refering to the first post isnt important anymore.

well i think the difference is the fact that when you support something that christianity (usually) rejects many people think you are against them.

how many christians have called atheists followers of satan even though its so illogical? and how come supporting gay rights means your against "normal families"? thing is, more and more people are being less close minded/religious/supportive of the things christianity rejects and they see it as threatening for some reason.

of course i only say this based on my experiences in the internet.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Need I go on?

yes plz.

i don't see why is shouldn't say it of that is what i think is true.

which can easily lead to an argument not on the topic.

that doesn't make the line less valid for the this topic's question.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

i don't see why is shouldn't say it of that is what i think is true.

Sigh. Again. I only said that it was antagonistic. You were asking what he meant, I explained, and you continue to misinterpret.

that doesn't make the line less valid for the this topic's question.

I never said it was invalid.

well i think the difference is the fact that when you support something that christianity (usually) rejects many people think you are against them.

That's basically the first warning sign of a radical. When someone else has a different belief and that = bad/against yours, it's not a long walk to hatred/violence/mania.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

then what is the big deal here?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

No......zomg this made me giggle. No! There have just been an influx of Muslims and an increase in Muslims in the UK. For example, Palistani immigrants who moved there after the Partition. It's not oppression from what I heard, but growing enclaves of Muslims.

No UK isn't the first to convert to Christianity, unless you're only narrowly defining Christianity as those of the Protestant denominations....
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Message to all, It still isn't bad that people are exclaiming they are christian, just be glad they haven't tried to convert you with anything from here. If they do, RUN FOR THE HILLS.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

narrowly defining Christianity as those of the Protestant denominations...

Unless some other insane monarch switched to Christianity (Protestants) first?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

The "oppression" is the sort of thing you'd hear uber-conservative Christian white Americans complain about. Like the building of more mosques in the UK, Islamic schools, there's more people around with 'funny' last names and skin tones not consistent with the pitiful amount of sun we get in the UK - and, in the mind of small-minded bigots, that translates over to "we're being oppressed". The Daily Mail, former archbishops and radical parties like the BNP are pushing this train of thought along too and it's just ridiculous.

Showing 16-30 of 31