ForumsSupport Forum[Closed] Custom Armatars???

17 4559
GameHero89
GameHero89
1 posts
Nomad

I really dont like dubble posts but I really dont like scrolling thrue 10000000 posts to find it. How do i put my picture as my armatar instead of that stupid blue shield??? I would like to use A picture of me. Thanks

• 17 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You can't upload your own armatar. You have to choose from the list they have. To do that, click control panel > armatars > click desired armatar > scroll all the way down and click update armatar.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Also, custom armatars were suggested for AG3, but the admins said no.

RedN
RedN
141 posts
Duke

I Prefer that, Because if people could use custom armatars, there would be no Secret, And What is Happening in Newgrounds Might happen Here In Armor Games ( User Icons that has No sense)

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Why not?
because the admins (and myself, and lots of other people) don't trust the people of armor games to put pictures that follow the rules, if you look at the first post in the faces of armor games thread then you'll see that they weren't really expecting that to last long because of all the non rule abiding pics that people might post
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

don't trust the people of armor games to put pictures that follow the rules,

That's not the reason. The reason they've given was copyright laws, but look at a bunch of other sites; Kongregate, NewGrounds, Tumblr... [hundreds of other websites that allow you to use custom pictures].

The issue isn't trust, it's that they're incredibly outdated and don't like change.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I don't think there was ever a hard no to custom armatars. They just didn't want to discuss it but users still wouldn't stop talking about custom armatars even though it was stated multiple times that there should be no discussion about custom armatars. It's not no custom armatars, it's no discussion about custom armatars because it's something to be addressed at a later date after initial launch of wahtever features it is that they're working on most importantly. There just aren't going to be custom armatars at launch just as there isn't going to be a new community at launch. People just need to stop suggesting or discussing it because it's far too commonly suggested and it's on the backburner.

mattzor
mattzor
41 posts
Nomad

you cant.you have to use the ones they give you.click>control panel>armatars>click desired armatars> scroll down and click the one you like.To unlock more armatars,you must upgrade you AG account Rank and get more AG points.
your welcome :P

ReaEpicness
ReaEpicness
4 posts
Nomad

I already know how to change my armatar.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I guess this discussion will be held over and over again, indefinitely...

Wait untill the new AG3 website is launched and see what Armatars will be available people.

There has been mentioning of Dan looking into changing/adding the current set of Armatars into the new website, but this has been put on ice because they have to get AG3 ready for launch first. The armatars are of later concern...

Arceus12
Arceus12
145 posts
Shepherd

If the Administrators did allow it then it would become like Newgrounds people would apload any think as there Armor Avatar and the first avatar would be any picture they choose (trust me)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If the Administrators did allow it then it would become like Newgrounds people would apload any think as there Armor Avatar and the first avatar would be any picture they choose (trust me)

And that person would most likely be banned instantaneously...can't say whether perma-banned or just banned. But they would get banned
azariah_rodriguez
azariah_rodriguez
1 posts
Nomad

So if you can't, why is it when i play a game like The Last Stand - Dead Zone (and assuming you play'ed the game) you go to the map of the city and you see your the other people playing they have a photo as them selves as there armatar picture? How were they able to do that and its not just 1 or 2 people its many.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Because they are playing through Facebook. Thus, they just use their display pic in-game.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

For some reason I enjoy the fact there are no custom armatars. It makes the site unique because the armatar images are found here and basically here only.

I find it comparable to the Nintendo Mii's and Xobx 360 Avatars. You can change them around, and make a custom build, but they will always have a distinct look.
The same goes for most of the armatars, Sometimes we have seasonal armartar contests and new ones are added, but most armatars have a distinct Armor Games look.

It gives the site a unique look.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

You're quite wrong.

Let me use the power of rephrasing.

If we could use custom images the number of amrmatars that could be uploaded would be nearly infinite. You could use an image of almost anything aside from inappropriate images.

Being that there is media in the world that is popular in many cultures and sometimes around nearly the entire world certain types of images are most likely to be used by several users.

Also, this is a gaming site.

Therefore, I feel, you would be bound to see certain types of armatars that a similar to many other gaming sites. I assume you would see:

- Halo, Call of Duty, Half-Life, Need for Speed, Angry Birds, Assassin's Creed, Portal, Madden, The Sims, Command & Conqueer, and other video game armatars

- Sports related armatars

- Batman, Spiderman, Superman, X-men, and other superhero/comic book armatars

- Batman Darknight Rises, Batman The Darknight, Batman Begins, Inception, Fight Club, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of The Rings, Avengers, Avatar, Twighlight, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and many other popular movie armatars

- Dexter, Weeds, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Bang Theory, Phineas and Ferb, Simpsons, Family Guy, The Office, and many other television armatars

- Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, Fooly Cooly, Death Note, Drangonball Z, Gundam Wing, Bleach, Blood +, Sailor Moon, Samurai Champloo and other anime armatars

- Crush the Castle, John's Blue elephant, Stick figure bases, Kingdom Rush, Gem Craft, and other flash game armatars

- Pictures of users faces and pets armatars

- Car, motorcycle, airplanes, jets, tanks, military vehicles and other vehicle based armatars

- Military based armatars

- Guns and weapon based armatars

Do you get the point I'm making? People are going to pick from these categories and they're most likely only going to pick from a very limited number of items in any given category.

Being that this is a gaming site and most the people on here are younger, they're probably going to go with Halo and COD armatars or very typical armatars from the other categories I listed. These are images that are seen as avatars on many other sites. Uniqueness to the site is lost.

The armatars that we have now where made for this site only (for the most part) it makes them unique to this site and original. And if you see an armatar on another site it should remind you of Armorgames.
Showing 1-15 of 17