Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

[Closed] Custom Armatars???

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 6, '12 at 8:38pm

GameHero89

GameHero89

1 post

I really dont like dubble posts but I really dont like scrolling thrue 10000000 posts to find it.  How do i put my picture as my armatar instead of that stupid blue shield???  I would like to use A picture of me.  Thanks

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 8:33pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,683 posts

Knight

You can't upload your own armatar. You have to choose from the list they have. To do that, click control panel > armatars > click desired armatar > scroll all the way down and click update armatar.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 9:15pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,318 posts

Also, custom armatars were suggested for AG3, but the admins said no.

Posted Sep 9, '12 at 10:56am

TheRed555

TheRed555

36 posts

I Prefer that, Because if people could use custom armatars, there would be no Secret, And What is Happening in Newgrounds Might happen Here In Armor Games ( User Icons that has No sense)

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 9:25am

Xiemens

Xiemens

5 posts

Why not?

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 11:42am

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,722 posts

Why not?

because the admins (and myself, and lots of other people) don't trust the people of armor games to put pictures that follow the rules, if you look at the first post in the faces of armor games thread then you'll see that they weren't really expecting that to last long because of all the non rule abiding pics that people might post

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 11:53am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,683 posts

Knight

don't trust the people of armor games to put pictures that follow the rules,

That's not the reason. The reason they've given was copyright laws, but look at a bunch of other sites; Kongregate, NewGrounds, Tumblr... [hundreds of other websites that allow you to use custom pictures].

The issue isn't trust, it's that they're incredibly outdated and don't like change.

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 12:24pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

4,175 posts

Knight

We have this discussion before... and im sure we will have it again... but all in all it is like it is, AG say "No" and thats it (equal which reasons they have).

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 12:43pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,113 posts

I don't think there was ever a hard no to custom armatars. They just didn't want to discuss it but users still wouldn't stop talking about custom armatars even though it was stated multiple times that there should be no discussion about custom armatars. It's not no custom armatars, it's no discussion about custom armatars because it's something to be addressed at a later date after initial launch of  wahtever features it is that they're working on most importantly. There just aren't going to be custom armatars at launch just as there isn't going to be a new community at launch. People just need to stop suggesting or discussing it because it's far too commonly suggested and it's on the backburner.

Posted Sep 29, '12 at 10:58am

mattzor

mattzor

41 posts

you cant.you have to use the ones they give you.click>control panel>armatars>click desired armatars> scroll down and click the one you like.To unlock more armatars,you must upgrade you AG account Rank and get more AG points.
your welcome :P