AP takes forever to be entered

forums are dying due to loss of people

WHATS GOING ON?

• 67 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Just update your profile (Remember to update/reset your password) and do something that gets you AP and your AP should be updated.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, just change your password via email. That's what I did. I'm still here.
The ap lag is annoying but not pressing.
The forums part does have much to do with the technology issues. And that's not why the forums suffer, it's mainly because many of te threads are boring, repetitive and/or plain stupid.

WHATS GOING ON?

You summed it up well.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Not too mention they require a couple of hard refreshes and don't always update.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Yeah, just change your password via email. That's what I did. I'm still here.

Me too. Not hard.
As for the refreshes; why can't we up the send rate? The Fyre forums alert you if someone has posted a thread while you're looking at a page!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Recent AG problems.

With a title like that, I expected to see an endless list.

Boppins said he plans to fix this glitch within the next week. Or at least this is what he said a few days ago in a thread related to the issue.

They've been dying for years, it's just getting more and more noticeable the fewer people show up every day. But the sad truth is, the forums have been going downhill since 2009 and I'm even more disturbed to admit that they have not yet hit rock bottom.
SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I miss the good old days when the forums flourished with life. I think this community has lost many users because of the lack of great games. Much of the forum life was created from great games like Colony, Sonny, Sonny 2, Exit Path, and the Crush the Castle (series). I found out about this site back in the summer of '09, so my understanding might be off; I do remember reading a post that talked about the activity really kicked off in '09. In summary, the forums won't really stop losing members unless hit games are released, and I mean really spectacular games.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

WHATS GOING ON?

Dems da breaks. The admins are too busy with stuff for the new site that the current site is suffering a little. Has your work changed dramatically because you have to wait five minutes to see your AP update? Have there been any reports of fatalities due to hard refreshing a page too many times? Anybody contracted depression on the long harsh wait for someone to reply to their forum post? Shucks, no? There you go then.

Yeah, I miss the good old days when the forums flourished with life. I think this community has lost many users because of the lack of great games.

I think one of the main reasons people have upped and left is due to the long haul wait for AG3. So AG2 loses a whole bunch of people, AG3 should hopefully bring a bigger wave in. I don't think it has much to do with the games, since the popular games are still just that - popular. There has been new releases which have been awesome but it seems if it's not part of a pre-destined series, people won't take much notice of them.

As for the major hate AG has been getting lately - It's not like any of us could do it. Sure, it's easy to spot the flaws when you're an active user. But you have people using the site for a day, seeing people complain, joining in on the complaining and then leaving. We should try create a positive buzz to bring people back to being active in the community, not just list every little thing that bugs us about AG and put a whole negative spin on it.

Not to mention these flaws have been mentioned in several separate threads, it's getting a little boring rereading the same old complaints.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Shoot. I meant world, not work. Any other mistake shouldn't matter.
Also - the fact I sounded like a raging AG fan girl made me grin so much once I posted. Unintentional.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Also - the fact I sounded like a raging AG fan girl made me grin so much once I posted. Unintentional.

@ Jefferysinspiration : Yah... ahuh... so you say huh? LOL =P

---

As for the problems mentioned... it's all as simple as some have stated before me: the ArmorGames HQ is terribly busy with preparing and working on the new AG3 website that is coming, so they (sadly) don't have time to pick up on the recent problems going on around the current AG2 website... =/

The least of the problems stated seems to be the Password resetting one, as I experienced it as well 2 days ago, but it was easily fixed with resetting it via email! So I don't see the big fuss over that...

The second one, AP not accumulating, is something that's irritating when you really want to see it Live whenever your AP goes up with every comment/post/rating you make... if this is not a desired thing, then there's no problem! =)
As a matter of fact, the first one is actually caused by the second one, so whenever someone wants to see his current AP count and goes about changing his profile, he/she could end up with a "The given combination of username and password is unknown to Armorgames", which explains a lot...

The third one, the dying Forums, is one I personally find particularly troublesome to be honest... but on the other hand... it's actually the fault of the AG users who disgard the AG Forums completely and -in this way- are responsible for it's demise!
So to conclude this third problem, there's actually a very simple and easy cure for this:

Start posting and revive the forums people!!!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

And we have fulfilled our compulsory once every three month AG grousing, nostalgia thread. At least it shows the body still has some heartbeat left.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@MrDayCee: The fuss about the &quotassword resetting" glitch occurs because people don't think to use an e-mail based reset. As for the AP glitch, it is not the cause of the password resetting glitch. That glitch is its own glitch where the password must be changed within the profile during each change. A simple defense against that problem is to save your password when you enter it in the "change password" entry on a profile update. The AP glitch merely strengthens the password glitch by forcing profile updates.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

No Stop stop stop.

Does no one read scripts anymore? Alright look, everyone open up to page 7. See over on the right where it says "Only users who actually can remember when these glitches we're not here can complain about them"?

God, all these kids thinking they can address problems, you've been here not even a month, how do you know if the forums are dying, you have nothing to compare them to, maybe this is how they always where, you don't know, you're just throwing up what someone else said.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

it's actually the fault of the AG users who disgard the AG Forums completely

How do you expect people to use a forum that has tons of problems? Would you continue playing a game if there are game-breaking glitches every five minutes? No, you'd probably try to contact the developer. Well, we've tried that with the forums, and they've ignored it. Just move on.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

It takes about a day. A day's worth of AP is nothing to fuss over.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Strange. I joined in 2010 but it says that I joined late 2011.

Showing 1-15 of 67