ForumsWEPRCan an STD really affect your relationship with someone Yes or No.

12 3701
EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

What do you think.

• 12 Replies
eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Ummm, yes, duh? If someone responds differently i'd be surprised. Is this really a worthy topic?

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes of cuorse it can.In the bedroom end of story. It means u have to wear a condom and go to the clinic. That is how it affects a relationship. Its pretty obvious really.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

I think he means further then sexually, i think he meant emotionally and the general relationship. Like maybe, if you loved a girl, truly for her and not just sexually, but found out she had an STD (but you didn't contract it yet), would you still be with her?

Ace_of_Fear
Ace_of_Fear
223 posts
Nomad

Yah no intercourse!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I think there should be more testing to see if stupidity is an STD. Because I swear to Thor that over the years I have gradually became rather insipid and asinine....

But anyways..

Even though if you use the right precautions and treatments everything should be fine...although I know there would be part of everyone's mind yelling "Yoora dirtay hoooor!"

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Haha, well think in the opposite gender's shoes. If you got an STD from your significant other (I like saying that XP) than wouldn't you be pretty mad at him/her? If he/she KNEW that he/she had an STD than by all means be enraged! If she didn't know than how can you blame her? I guess you could say, "Why weren't you checked?" but for that situation, it all depends on what kind of person you are. Are you the kind of girl/guy that forgives and forgets or the guy/girl that never lets something like that go.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

It definately would. There would be major trust issues. Not to mention kids down the line would be a problem if you were serious. Wondering how the other person got them. While I've dated people that have had other partners before me, I would be bothered if someone was irresponsible enough to contract and STD.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Cough* Yeah. For most (in an ideal society) it would cause tension and suspicion between the couple. Its a big deal, unless having AIDs is normal for your family.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Or not. Who wants a list of the various STDs and the way they can impact upon your health and relationships?

Right now you may be thinking that STDs are in a separate world, but really, they're not. I'd say that at least a sixth to an eighth of sexually active people have had or currently have an STD. Far more common than people think.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Actually, 50% of all people will contract HPV in their lifetime. Some STD's are extremely common and easy to get.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh yes, I should add: I meant actual clinical pathology...I should also have mentioned the various STDs that colonise you and lay dormant until you're immuno-compromised!

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

Um, of course it can. It can afect ones love life. But if you are safe with it then it will be fine. But it you know you have it then you shouldnt use it for plessure. But if you wanna live by God, have sexual intercourse as a love, compasion, and faith but not for physcial plessure. But as long as love the person you are with, it wont matter.

Showing 1-12 of 12