Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

2016 Obama's America

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 12:00pm

joeyman2

joeyman2

56 posts

has anyone seen the movie (i know this could be in the movies section but its also very political) i had heard about it and i was wondering if anyone knew if it was good and whats in it.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 5:10pm

toemas

toemas

315 posts

its great! dont be fooled by people saying its just right wing propaganda its really good

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 5:18pm

toemas

toemas

315 posts

oh, sorry i didint read your whole post lol. 2016 is about why obama did/is doing certain thing in the white house, and the history of his dad and him.

Posted Sep 8, '12 at 6:29pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,076 posts

Knight

I didn't see it... but here's a little bit on how some persons see the movie:
2016: Obama's America: Reception

Some quotes (subjectively) taken from it:

"The film has received mixed to negative reviews from critics. "

"Beth Fouhy of the Associated Press questioned some of the film's points and said its central thesis that Obama's presidency is an expression of his father's political beliefs, "is almost entirely subjective and a logical stretch at best"."

"Bill Goodykoontz of The Arizona Republic said it was "preaching to the choir" in a style similar to Michael Moore's films, but without the humor, without the straw-man arguments and without presenting views from the other side, and is unlikely to change anyone's mind."

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 10:31am

toemas

toemas

315 posts

"The film has received mixed to negative reviews from critics.

thats because the media is all left wing!

tell ya what you could just go see it and you could 1# believe it or 2# say aw well just what i thought it was and move on

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 1:04pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,076 posts

Knight

ENEMIES
ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
lawl...

Even if so, does that also count for the independent movie critics? Do you even have such a thing?

No, I won't watch a movie made by and based on the opinion of a republican about a democrat candidate that came out in the midst of the presidential campaign. I'm not saying it's all lies, really not, but it's certainly not "the truth, all the truth and only the truth", I bet.

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 1:40pm

toemas

toemas

315 posts

ENEMIES
ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
lawl...

hahahahahahahaha that made lolz so hard

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 9:49pm

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

429 posts

I've heard that it wasn't that good, only the last 20 minutes or so were actually relevant. I think we just need to raise some money and send a few trusted AGer's to the movies, and we can get some reviews from them.

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 10:08pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,473 posts

First time I saw an add, I laughed.
I dont wana go see it. Im still not sure if its supposed to help or hinder Obama based on the reviews I got from family/friends.

Posted Sep 12, '12 at 10:45pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,111 posts

Knight

The Republiscums will try everything they can to stop Obama from being reelected because most of them are rich unpatriotic parasites who refuses to pay their fair share of taxes (insert Romney here) and don't like to be told not to rob or deceive the American people with their crooked insurance, drug and oil companies. They also want to continue their useless war against Arab countries so they can steal their oil. And finally want to take back what the women fought so hard to get, control what they can do with their body and forces them to shove probes into their vagina which of course one of the scumservatives will profit from since they will charge them money for the degrading procedures. All this to please the weasels who can't mind their own danm business (religious zealots and AKA American Taliban).

And no, I won't waste my money to see some right wing terrorist propaganda.

Reply to 2016 Obama's America

You must be logged in to post a reply!