92 posts
Nomad

i bet all of you prefer rock but im one of those people who prefer techno

• 42 Replies
fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

i hope you people post more about this for you people that did post on this thank you

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

This thread is a spin-off from the 'Pop -vs- Rock' thread a while back... but I can't let this opportunity go by and support the Rock side in this 'battle'! =)

Techno was actually great back in the late 80's and early 90's when Techno was still basic, straightforward and fun to listen to! Nowadays it has evolved into a repetitive music genre that has little to no progress in it... and mind you, I'm NOT talking about the Dance music genre here, because that is completely different!

As for Rock music... this is a genre that has actually evolved over time and continues to evolve still! Granted, there hasn't been a major leap like there was back in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, but still... it evolves and has new sub-genres! Which can't be said for Techo alas...

My choice: Rock!

Lendek
Lendek
45 posts
Nomad

Both \\o/

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Rock. Mostly Heavy Metal. Mostly Death Metal to be specific.

Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

Rock, classic rock and metal are muuuuch better than techno in my opinion. I absolutely despise today's ***** rock. Autotune and repetitive material ruins everything.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

what the heck is wrong now

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Heavy metal as we first knew, developed out of rock in the 60s.
i refuse to accept that the beetles or elvis had anything to do with metal. i reject your reality and substitute my own
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It's a mere evolution thing here ManlyMan... it's not like Elvis or The Beatles were soly responsible for the creation of the Heavy Metal genre... it's merely how music has developed over the years and decades and if you go back and look what bands play what type of music, Elvis and The Beatles do preceed in the rock genre before Heavy Metal was even established! =)

Let's just say that Rock music is WAY older and has a much richer history than Techno music and therefor will always win in a battle against eachother! Go Rock! =D

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

i refuse to accept that the beetles or elvis had anything to do with metal. i reject your reality and substitute my own

Suit yourself. Just know that Led Zeppelin were heavily influenced by blues and early rock; the influence of abrupt, non-fluid American blues of Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters and Skip James was particularly apparent, especially on Led Zeppelin I and II.

Or that Deep Purple covered 'We can work it out', 'Help!' and 'With a little help from my friends' and even included an excerpt of 'Birthday' during a lengthy drum solo. Beatles influence.

Boom.
Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

Suit yourself. Just know that Led Zeppelin were heavily influenced by blues and early rock; the influence of abrupt, non-fluid American blues of Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters and Skip James was particularly apparent, especially on Led Zeppelin I and II.

Or that Deep Purple covered 'We can work it out', 'Help!' and 'With a little help from my friends' and even included an excerpt of 'Birthday' during a lengthy drum solo. Beatles influence.

Boom.

nichodemus. You certainly know your ****.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The specific information is all on the web. The general knowing was from listening to them.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The specific information is all on the web.

That's an understatement nicho... =/

But yes, you could have know by checking the web first...

The general knowing was from listening to them.

And THAT is the real BOOOM for ya there! Listen to the music people... it enriches one's life!
fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

bored im sooooo bored

samblue234
samblue234
136 posts
Peasant

Techno . Sounds like my microwave.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Rock has a more wholesome sound, at least most of it does. Older rock especially has much more feeling than most techno, even though there is some pretty awesome techno out there.

Showing 16-30 of 42