Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

What did chick fil-a actually do wrong?

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 10:02am

Skestork

Skestork

7 posts

What I do not agree with is bashing Chikfila for their opinions but the Gay community doesn't want their opinions bashed?

Homosexuality isn't an opinion - just like heterosexuality isn't an opinion...
Criticizing a persons religion or political orientation is absolutely fair game since religion and political orientation depends on choice - sexuality and race for instance doesn't.

Posted Sep 26, '12 at 4:56pm

skydragon720

skydragon720

348 posts

they did nothing wrong.

Posted Sep 26, '12 at 5:26pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

they did nothing wrong.

yes, they did. if you looked at the previous statements as before:

1.they funded anti-gay groups like FRC.

2.they used money from the corporation to fund said practices, instead of kathy using his own personal funding to do so.

-Blade

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 8:18pm

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

145 posts

No, Your right. Being Gay is choice. Being religious is a choice. IF you can't respect that then I can't respect you. See how that works? I don't have a problem with anyone who is Gay but when people start being disrespectful against one another then it's a problem.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 8:20pm

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

145 posts

What you are saying is that it is wrong to be anti-gay. I'm not agreeing with that I just respect people's opinions about it. If they don't like it then that's their right. You can't sit here and say that people's opinions are wrong. Then you are just as worse as them.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 9:36pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

Being Gay is choice

Being homosexual is as much a choice as you are attracted to the opposite gender. Did you ever consciously decide for yourself, "I'm going to only feel attraction to females?" because I sure didn't. It's not a choice. Yes you can -choose- whether or not to participate in homosexual/heterosexual activities regardless of attraction, but that's ignoring the issue.

Being religious is a choice.

Having a belief is not a choice either. You do or don't. Participating in religious activities is, again, a choice.

What you are saying is that it is wrong to be anti-gay

Being "anti-gay" is as unnecessary and illogical as being "anti-cheesecake" or "anti-red t-shirt" or whatever. It's a personal choice that is based on a preference which is not consciously determined nor correctable and causes no harm to any non-consenting parties. There is absolutely no reason to be anti-gay other than irrationality.

If they don't like it then that's their right.

They can not like it all they want, and no one cares. What matters is that they're trying to impose that onto others and impede the rights of others in their beliefs.

You can't sit here and say that people's opinions are wrong.

Yes I can, and I am doing so. Opinions aren't some magical no-go zone where everyone is always right in happy fun land. You could hold the opinion that a blue helmet provides more protection than a red helmet and I would call you a fool. There are subjects where there is no 'right' opinion, like preference in aesthetics or taste, but this isn't one of those areas.

Then you are just as worse as them.

Let's look at this comparatively. Anti-gay groups are trying to stop the legality/social acceptance of homosexuals. anti-anti-gay groups are trying to stop arbitrary bigotry advocated by said anti-gay groups. Who's just as bad as who?

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:06pm

christopher122

christopher122

19 posts

They are bigots.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 10:47pm

BlueCup

BlueCup

2 posts

They are bigots.

How, exactly? Oh, they donate to charites that don't support gays? Atheism is the king LOL AMIRITE DAE? Grow the **** up. Not everyone believes the same as you.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 12:36am

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

317 posts

A lot of good all those protestors did.

Chick-fil-A has now had their most profitable quarter in years.

Homosexuals want tolerance.....but they can't show it. Hypocrites, the entire lot of them.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 3:12am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,716 posts

How, exactly? Oh, they donate to charites that don't support gays?

...yeah basically. And how they supported those terrible groups and the anti-gay agenda

Bigot - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance

Homosexuals want tolerance.....but they can't show it. Hypocrites, the entire lot of them.

I know right? How dare they not be tolerate of people that want to oppress them and even try and mark them criminals for their sexuality

Reply to What did chick fil-a actually do wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!