Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

What will happen when the world's armies run out of oil?

Posted Sep 23, '12 at 8:46pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 5:19pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

100 posts

1) Thats an insurgent propaganda video, and thus your point is invalid.

2) Some of the stills in the montage weren't even of Abrams, and some were of the same vehicle.

3) The US destroys a damaged tank if it's too challenging to withdraw it. Which is another reason why that video is invalid: the insurgent could have just as easily taken a photo after the tank was destroyed by friendly forces.

Heres a link, which I suggest you read. Yahoo answers, but highly informative none the less, especially if you know nothing: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 120AAArsDg

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 5:32pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

Yes I have read it,
and it negates your implied  point that M1abrams are invincible.
They are not.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 6:16pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

100 posts

When have I said they were invincible? On page three I said:

Short of DU penetrators and airborne munitions, the best an infantryman can hope to do is disable the tank. The Abrams has a stellar record in survivability, and another stellar record in crew survivability should the armor be compromised. And when you consider that A2s are being upgraded with TUSK, and that the A3 is due to come out in 2017, the Abrams will take just about anything you throw at it, and then it will run over you.

Are they invinvible? No. Are they incredibly hard to destroy? Yes.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 6:38pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

When have I said they were invincible? On page three I said:

Short of DU penetrators and airborne munitions, the best an infantryman can hope to do is disable the tank. The Abrams has a stellar record in survivability, and another stellar record in crew survivability should the armor be compromised. And when you consider that A2s are being upgraded with TUSK, and that the A3 is due to come out in 2017, the Abrams will take just about anything you throw at it, and then it will run over you.

Are they invinvible? No. Are they incredibly hard to destroy? Yes.

That is why I used word "implied"
But a large enough IED can harm them as your yahoo source says.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 8:15pm

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

126 posts

It will be like that show "Revolution" that just came out XD

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 2:09am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

What did I say about cut the heavy armor debate?

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 11:45am

deathbewithyou

deathbewithyou

586 posts

answering the question at the first page. There are new forms of energy we can use today so if we run out of oil, we can just use some other form of energy.

Posted Sep 29, '12 at 5:11pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

100 posts

That is why I used word "implied"

Because even when I say how significant damage can be done on an Abrams, I still somehow imply they're invincible? What?

But a large enough IED can harm them as your yahoo source says.

True, but it took 1500 lbs of explosives, and not too many people have that lieing around.

Posted Sep 29, '12 at 6:33pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

True, but it took 1500 lbs of explosives, and not too many people have that lieing around.

We are talking about all out war here

Because even when I say how significant damage can be done on an Abrams, I still somehow imply they're invincible? What?

Yes you did when we were talking about RPG 29

Reply to What will happen when the world's armies run out of oil?

You must be logged in to post a reply!