Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

What will happen when the world's armies run out of oil?

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 6:58pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I think that the answer is simple. If the world's armies run out of oil, they'll go back to fighting like they did before they had oil. Soldiers do run out of resources on the battlefield and go on fighting with what they've got left. Oil is not needed in a war. The motivation to wage war is.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:44am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,090 posts

The only reason we haven't found one yet is because we don't have a large enough need.

Because..y'know..hydro-power, electric-power, wind-power, solar-power, etc. don't exist anymore

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 12:19pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

Because..y'know..hydro-power, electric-power, wind-power, solar-power, etc. don't exist anymore

Good one

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 3:10pm

zeus999

zeus999

34 posts

no I mean the only reason it is not a main source of energy relied upon and advanced enough to sustain a society.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 4:42pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

no I mean the only reason it is not a main source of energy relied upon and advanced enough to sustain a society.

Norway runs on 98% hudro power
brazil on 85%

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 5:41pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,090 posts

A big reason for not using other sources as the main source (looking at USA here..) isn't because of a lack of need...but because of a surplus of greed. Oil racks in more money

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 12:54am

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

Why just the world's armies? When the world runs out of oil, there will be no more conventional gasoline! No more petroleum-based plastics, no more giant energy plants...Imagine living Amish. That's what the world will be without oil.
To prevent this, we'd have to quickly switch to sustainable energy. however, you need oil to manufacture solar cells, so screw solar. Hydro-power, yes. Geothermal, hell yeah. Wind-well duh. The first country to become completely sustainable (Norway) on non-oil sources will dominate the rest simply because they'll have electricity and we'll be burning candles.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 7:41pm

Yakanuza

Yakanuza

18 posts

Quite sure that the strongest countries will send armies at their border in order to asure that no other armies or rebels will use that lack of vehicles and things to attack the place and quickly create items that are indispensable for running everything up. Then, once the necessity can hold for a while, the researches would create few weapons/vehicles/ that are oil-free.

If I could manage everything, I'd order to bring more researchers for less time awaiting for new oil-free products and do temporary alliance with the countries that are known for using less oils on pretty much everything. E.g. that China has oil-free machines that create guns. I would just go and make an alliance with China until everything was back to normal, or sort of.

Reply to What will happen when the world's armies run out of oil?

You must be logged in to post a reply!