ForumsWEPRShould the creation of Military Robots be allowed?

79 27201
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I really think we shouldn't make them.

Who knows? The technology can go into the wrong hands and our technology can go against us.

Does anyone have any opinions about this?

• 79 Replies
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Idea of Halo... Who would?

I'm talking about Terminator thingys or somewhat related to that.

Animals/Bacteria were the first living organisms before us. They are more ancient than us.

This is what I believe.

"All life is created equal. Without life, the universe will cease from existence. Without existence, there is no meaning for a universe. Without a universe, it is just darkness." - Me

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

"All life is created equal. Without life, the universe will cease from existence. Without existence, there is no meaning for a universe. Without a universe, it is just darkness." - Me

Me...he was that philosopher from Indonesia correct? =p

All life is created equal

So you could argue that a gnat is equal to a human?

Without life, the universe will cease from existence.

No we are starting to get into some philosophy thinking...with no life there is nothing to basically have the idea of the universe, making it such that it does not exist. (Like "I think, therefore I am&quot. But this may just be being dead tired (thus causing me not to properly understand your point), but what does this idea have to do with the creation of Military Robots?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No we are starting

*now
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

maybe we can go hack the exoskeleton and make someone do something against his will.

watch out, voodoo becomes reality =P

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

danm presset submit to soon.

No we are starting to get into some philosophy thinking...with no life there is nothing to basically have the idea of the universe, making it such that it does not exist. (Like "I think, therefore I am&quot. But this may just be being dead tired (thus causing me not to properly understand your point), but what does this idea have to do with the creation of Military Robots?

the philosophy in easy form will ba a question like:
if a tree on the woods falls over. we can hear it.
but if there is no one or anything there to hear it. then does it still make noise?

some say no. because there is no use for the sound.
others say yes. because... well just logic thinking i guess.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

some say no. because there is no use for the sound.
others say yes. because... well just logic thinking i guess.

And it relates to military robots in what way?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

And it relates to military robots in what way?

sorry am i not allowed to reply to what is said?

shock457: All life is created equal. Without life, the universe will cease from existence. Without existence, there is no meaning for a universe.

pangtongshu: No we are starting to get into some philosophy thinking...with no life there is nothing to basically have the idea of the universe, making it such that it does not exist.

i was going on on that philosophy. for my military robots post look 1 above.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

"I think, therefore I am&quot
Why are you quoting Star wars.

So does that mean you donate blood to mosquitoes?

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Why are you quoting Star wars

Please tell me you are joking...that ("I think, therefore I am&quot is a quote from René Descartes
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Please tell me you are joking...that ("I think, therefore I am&quot is a quote from René Descartes

he probably isn't.
lots of people don't know much about historic philosophers. leave alone that they know who had made what philosophy.
they just think it comes from that where they 1st heard it. i.e. star wars.
Zoom2
Zoom2
9 posts
Justiciar

So this is part of a field sometimes known in academia as 'Post-Human Warfare' which is a pretty awesome, if ridiculous, name. It includes everything from drones to cyber warfare to theories that seem to border on science fiction about where we might go next. Of course it also includes discussions and ideas for the creation of enhanced human (particularly soldiers), an idea that goes back pretty far and was often linked with euthanasia. Now what makes an enhanced human can involve machinery (like a cyborg), but it can also involve specified nutritional and training development (potentially doping and surgery as well) to create a person who goes beyond what we would think of as 'human limits'. This is, of course, something applied to many athletes, but what if it were applied to soldiers or even a whole new generation starting from a young age? We can make enhanced humans long before we can make robotic soldiers. A lot of effort is pored into drones and weaponized AIs, but humans may become more efficient killing machines in that time as well.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

look at this

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."
âIG-88A's final thoughts[src]

source

he probably isn't.
lots of people don't know much about historic philosophers. leave alone that they know who had made what philosophy.
they just think it comes from that where they 1st heard it. i.e. star wars.

I am not suprised it was a philosophy quote, one I will probably learn about in college.

speaking of identifying with where you first heard it, my sister identifies songs with the disney movies they are in.

Now what makes an enhanced human can involve machinery (like a cyborg), but it can also involve specified nutritional and training development (potentially doping and surgery as well) to create a person who goes beyond what we would think of as 'human limits'.
GO SPARTANS,

sorry, had to say it.

(NERD TO THE CORE)

I don't know about enhanced humans, don't really know how that would work unless they were cyborgs.

Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

look at this

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."
âIG-88A's final thoughts[src]

The quote I used is still from Rene Descartes, not Star Wars
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The quote I used is still from Rene Descartes, not Star Wars
I believe it, but it is also found on star wars.
lucianomagno
lucianomagno
10 posts
Nomad

Uh,if they make them AI that's never a good idea...maybe if they're piloted by the army or the Police Force it won't have many problems.
Now,everything falls in wrong hands sooner or later,be it guns,money,robots in this case,etc but it can be handled
thats my point of view

Showing 61-75 of 79