Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[NECRO] Should the Cloning of Humans be allowed?

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 4:20pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

I can't think of a good reason to clone people. Honestly, it would cause moral issues, cost a lot, require more resources and would be met with resistance.

I can think of good reasons for partial cloning however, like growing a new heart or other organ for transplant purposes. If that would be considered cloning anyways.

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 8:25pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Especially because there will be people who say that they're the work of the "devil" and discriminate against them, while others will try to play the, they're not really human, let's make them slaves" card.

It would be interesting how the question of a soul would be handled in such a case as creating a completely sapient conscious human.

I really don't believe we should be looking into that research we have problems already with necessities and I don't think a lot of countries need more than they can handle and where do you mean that this statement adheres too the whole world im guessing.

Of course the research should be looked into. There is more than just creating whole clones involved in such research. There is also the development of being able to create specific body parts for transplant.

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 9:15pm

shock457

shock457

470 posts

Keep in mind that the cloning process isn't enitrely useful. Clones can't survive long enough to reach a normal human's years. That proves the organ useful to a certain extent.

Posted Sep 10, '12 at 9:25pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

to me, this cloning issue sounds cool, but it's just extremely impractical. why we would want another us running around sounds more narcisistic than smart.

-Blade

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 12:15am

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,044 posts

why we would want another us running around sounds more narcisistic than smart.

Amen, brother.

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 1:12am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Keep in mind that the cloning process isn't enitrely useful. Clones can't survive long enough to reach a normal human's years. That proves the organ useful to a certain extent.

The current problem is the genetic age will remain the same. So say we clone someone who is 35 years old. That clone while they might be an infant will genetically be 35 years old.

to me, this cloning issue sounds cool, but it's just extremely impractical. why we would want another us running around sounds more narcisistic than smart.

genetically speaking it would be us bu otherwise the clone would be an entirely different person. it would be a bit like suddenly having a twin.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 7:51pm

Blackbeltr0FAN

Blackbeltr0FAN

4 posts

no absolutaly not why do u guy sdo thi sit is weird even for a 17 year old like moi

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 2:28am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,881 posts

Knight

genetically speaking it would be us bu otherwise the clone would be an entirely different person. it would be a bit like suddenly having a twin.

A fun experience I can tell you.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 4:06am

SSTG

SSTG

10,883 posts

Knight

But will your clone have the same life experience, knowledge, good and bad habits, etc. I think we need to know more about humans before doing it. I can't imagine having a discussion with myself 2.0
That would be weird!
If we could clone ourselves while we're healthy so we can change body parts as they become defective, that would be useful but how would you feel about the poor clone? A little creepy don't you think?

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 7:37am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

just something to work on. that can be fixed probably.

But will your clone have the same life experience, knowledge, good and bad habits, etc.

i guess not. i think like a baby. it has never learned things and it never made the connections in it's brain yet.

if we could clone ourselves while we're healthy so we can change body parts as they become defective, that would be useful but how would you feel about the poor clone? A little creepy don't you think?

sucks to be a clone then. knowing your just 2nd ranked. and if must, they kill you to fix up that other dude. =/