Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[NECRO] Should the Cloning of Humans be allowed?

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 12:29am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

Err... nope. Abortion has medical implications; it's an operation done for a reason. What good does cloning full humans do?

I think I quoted too much.

I was using the pro-life movement as an analog to cloned rights.

srs

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 3:55am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,305 posts

Knight

I was using the pro-life movement as an analog to cloned rights.

Pro-life movement in abortion debates proclaim the right to life of already existing embryo. That's a difference to human clones that do not exist yet. My point was, even though they should have the right to live if we make one once, why should we even start with that? There's no point to it.

i still think it would explorer the world at 1st like a baby. because the brain didn't make any connections yet.

Like a baby? A clone starts as a baby, it's not a magical device created in adult form. It is grown like any animal, simply that the genetic age is older. But a human clone still has as much a capacity to develop self-awareness etc. as a normal human baby. Would you make medical tests on human babies?

as for cloning a neaderthal i guess it would become a very hairy an ugly retard. because it's brain is smaller then our size.

Chimpanzees have a smaller brain too, yet they can learn to communicate with us using symbols, and have generally astonishing capabilities once trained. I don't think neanderthals would be that stupid.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 6:22am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

Like a baby? A clone starts as a baby,

i guess we have a different view on how cloning will be done.

but as you said. there is no use for it at all. so let's just leave it here. =)

Chimpanzees have a smaller brain too, yet they can learn to communicate with us using symbols, and have generally astonishing capabilities once trained. I don't think neanderthals would be that stupid.

retards can also speak, read, play. some retards have astonishing capabilities aswell. like that boy who can count and do math in the octal number system like it's the decimal number system for us.
or the guy that instantly knows what day it is on 06-06-2356 for example. just call any date and he knows what day it was/will be. (leap years included)
both are useless skills but astonishing non the less.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 6:57am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,305 posts

Knight

both are useless skills but astonishing non the less.

Still the Neanderthals were necessarily self-sufficient compared to a group of mentally impaired people. They were certainly not the brightest people, but I'm sure they'd meet the IQ of some of the more stupid people today

Anyway, we wouldn't know for sure unless we try the experience. I ask again, you think we should be allowed to clone a Neanderthal? You said what it might be like, but not if you'd be ok with it. Moral and ethic issues and such, you know.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 7:00am

Max000_Extreme

Max000_Extreme

114 posts

No Never Ever Never Ever

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 7:30am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

you think we should be allowed to clone a Neanderthal?

i don't see the use of it. except to experiment whit him.
for that reason we shouldn't do it. but if it would happen. i wont care about it that much.

moral/ethic issues will only arise whit what we will do whit him.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 4:18pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

No Never Ever Never Ever

Want to elaborate?

moral/ethic issues will only arise whit what we will do whit him.

Hopefully it would just be a first-hand observation on his thinking patterns and learning capabilities

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 7:59pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

Hopefully it would just be a first-hand observation on his thinking patterns and learning capabilities

thats nice. but what if your done observing that? what is next?

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 8:44pm

ellock

ellock

389 posts

Given the current circumstances I would say no.
If we were on the brink of destroying ourselves, I would need to know if the cloned people were still able to reproduce because sometimes cloned things can't reproduce then what is the point? I think it would also increase the amount of deseises and I do not think they will ever be able to clone a human.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 9:37pm

skydragon720

skydragon720

348 posts

yes, i think we should!