ForumsWEPRFemale President?

70 30467
Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Do you think the U.S.A will ever have a female president ? If they ever do I hope for their sake its not Sarah Palin. Also I am glad in Australia we dont have politicians that stupid. I think Michelle Obama would be great

• 70 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

4 years and running, he better be quick with this destroying thing before the election if naysayers like you are going to be right. Sentence made me snort in derision.
That is what republicans say, and if you ask the democrats romney will destroy the nation, but both sides are probably wrong.

people who think the US is a dictatorship
I was talking about in the future, as every government eventually collapses.

I never saw one of those. I saw a sail ship, a battleship, a space ship but never a dictator ship. How is it propelled? by corruption?
xD
I am not sure if that mistake was spell check or myself, and wouldn't it be sailing ship/sail boat, and you forgot ship of the line.

~~~Darth Caedus
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

That is what republicans say, and if you ask the democrats romney will destroy the nation, but both sides are probably wrong.

It's not what I'm saying, why bring in other Denocrats? Unless you can validly argue why such an event might occur, don't make hyperbolic statements that you don't mean.

I was talking about in the future, as every government eventually collapses.

First premise is true, second no. There are many examples of a collapsing government dissolving into a democracy or just reforming itself into the status quo. Modern day Japan and Thailand are full of such examples.

I am not sure if that mistake was spell check or myself, and wouldn't it be sailing ship/sail boat, and you forgot ship of the line.

Incorrect semantics doesn't make your arguments one bit less believable, grounded or plausible.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It's not what I'm saying, why bring in other Denocrats? Unless you can validly argue why such an event might occur, don't make hyperbolic statements that you don't mean.

oh, really?

There are many examples of a collapsing government dissolving into a democracy or just reforming itself into the status quo. Modern day Japan and Thailand are full of such examples.

Ever heard of rome, (taken over by the caesars) or greece (taken over by macedon), China went from a republic to a "Communist" nation. Plus there is all of those little nations that probably have a dictatorship or are communist.

~~~Darth Caedus
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Ever heard of rome, (taken over by the caesars) or greece (taken over by macedon), China went from a republic to a "Communist" nation.  Plus there is all of those little nations that probably have a dictatorship or are communist.

Rome a Republic? Don't make me laugh. There is no semblance of democracy in Rome that we know today. China a republic after the Xinhai Revolution? You have a lot to learn if you think the Warlord Era China was democratic.

The point I was making was, if you can't back up claims that a dictatorship van form in America, don't make it. It's a nation that was founded based on overthrowing a tyrant, a nation solidly adhering to democratic traditions.

oh, really?

You misinterpreted. My point was the same as the former sentence. It wasn't about there being no Democrats claiming America will be destroyed, BUT about it dissolving into a dictatorship. If you can't prove that remote scenario don't even posit it.
christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

Urm in a country like the US, lol... Not in a million years, sadly...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Clinton came very close.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Urm in a country like the US, lol... Not in a million years, sadly...

It's totally possible, but it won't be well-received in the ME or Africa. Not sure about Russia, but Catherine gave them a golden age, so it could be favorable.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Africa has many women leaders. We just believe too much in our stereotypes.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I just looked at every head of state in Africa here by using the list here. Liberia and Malawi were the only ones with women in a public representative position out of over 50 countries.

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

They said pigs would fly when a black man was the president of the U.S.A, and yet we have Barack Obama. The problem is how long it will be. It will most probably happen, it's just how long.

Showing 61-70 of 70