Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Cannabis Legalisation

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 3:48pm

SonOfVader

SonOfVader

113 posts

What are people's views on this?
Personally, I think it should be regulated in the same way as tobacco and alcohol are; sold to over eighteens but with clear health warnings.

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 7:18pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Personally, I think it should be regulated in the same way as tobacco and alcohol are; sold to over eighteens but with clear health warnings.

I completely agree with you. To a further extent i find the war on drugs to be nothing but detrimental and has served to only create a black market spawning more crime.

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 12:16pm

ellock

ellock

277 posts

I personally think they will make it most like a tobacco product (like you just said) I think however, another thing like this is only going to create more problems then it is worth. That is just my view on it, I have not done extensive research on it so I am only judging from what I know.

Posted Sep 13, '12 at 11:39pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I think however, another thing like this is only going to create more problems then it is worth.

how so? it will end mexico's drug war, increase federal revenue, lower the prison population, and so much more. I don't smoke it myself, but quite frankly, everybody just needs to buy a bag of weed and get off their high moral ground.

-Blade

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 1:41am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

There's really no reason for this product to be illegal. The actual history behind why marijuana is illegal has nothing to do with the effects of the drug (although lies were spread about it through yellow journalism).

I don't smoke the stuff ever, and I don't plan to if it's ever legalized, but with it being illegal, the government can't tax it. What advantages do the government see in keeping it this way?

My capitalist heart says, tax the hell out of ganja.

it will end mexico's drug war

There are other drugs involved in this war besides marijuana.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 4:57pm

SonOfVader

SonOfVader

113 posts

Come to think of it, alcohol and tobacco are much more harmful than cannabis.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 5:15pm

SonOfVader

SonOfVader

113 posts

Come to think of it, alcohol and tobacco are much more harmful.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 5:25pm

Armpit

Armpit

655 posts

but with clear health warnings.

What health warnings?

Come to think of it, alcohol and tobacco are much more harmful than cannabis.

http://www.bookwormroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Light-bulb-moment.jpg

Alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of people every year. Tobacco kills millions. Nobody, however, has ever been killed directly by marijuana. It's nowhere near as addictive as tobacco and alcohol are and it's far less dangerous.

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 5:43pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,006 posts

Knight

What health warnings?

Persistent use in young teens has been evidenced to irreversibly damage the brain (link), though use for 18+ doesn't seem harmful; still some sort of notice should be included, as it is and stays a drug. Doesn't have to be ugly pictures though ;)

Posted Sep 14, '12 at 7:25pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

It's nowhere near as addictive as tobacco and alcohol are and it's far less dangerous.

it's mentally addictive just not physical as the other 2 examples.

Reply to Cannabis Legalisation

You must be logged in to post a reply!