ForumsSupport ForumNew Idea for AG

33 5800
loserpoop
loserpoop
119 posts
Nomad

Okay i belive that we should have a preview option before you post your forums.

for 2 things:

To make sure Links Work.

Also for spelling and Grammer.

• 33 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

The first one is good. I usually just post it on my profile and delete it before I post it on the forums. The 2nd is one everyone even you need! You spelled believe like "belive" haha.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

as i have said sumwhere b4 , spelling doesnt work and its a minor thing to fix. MOST people here have good grammmar(i have bad grammar cuz of my typos lol)

make sure links work? hmm probably not they made it like that for a reason so u can change it or sumthing, u can just redo the link or edit.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Well, about your first idea. I really just think we need a "review" button before we post so it lets us see how our posts will look and beside it have a "submit" button so you can edit your post more than once.

loserpoop
loserpoop
119 posts
Nomad

which is what i just said ryan u just put it into different words

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

OK, I like the first one for sure. Some links die out and are not being checked if they work and more. The second one, they have already deal with it by posting you should switch to Fire Fox since it has a built-in spell check. Some people neglect the Fire Fox like Gman1000. I hope they learn that IE was the past and Fire Fox is the future!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

IE isnt the past, only for AG i use IE, i dont have much problems

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I don't use FireFox either but I actually download useful things like the Google Task bar, which comes with a Spell Checker. I actually do have FireFox(and Safari o_o) but don't use it since I've used IE has been my main browser since I first started getting on the Internet =D

Anywayz, I think they should have both a Preview and and Edit, that way you can preview your post but if you forget something you can just edit it later! It would save a lot of spam if someone notices their link is off or they realized they forgot something =o

loserpoop
loserpoop
119 posts
Nomad

yeah thanks for the add-on =P,but have you ever noticed armor never does any of these suggestions?

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Yes, the preview button would be nice, but I am not sure about the edit even though it would be convenient, many members would use this to their advantage in a bad way. Things like saying mean things and then just editing it before anyone who can do something sees it, if they find a good way to get past that it may help, but if we had edit, it would have to be different than many sites edit buttons!

loserpoop
loserpoop
119 posts
Nomad

Well another thing they could do is...have like a 5 minute edit time. Because you usually realize your mistake right afterwards.

loserpoop
loserpoop
119 posts
Nomad

but what if ur link didnt work and u wanted to erase it and then change it?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

@jwalshjr

Well yeah I guess, it's bad that we can't do that due to a trust issue, oh well, I guess maybe it could show the previous post after an edit?

Or, not even an 'Edit' button but an 'Add on' button, that way you couldn't edit your post, but add on to it. I think that would work fine because everyone would see the original post and it's just 'adding on' so nothing from the previous would change.

@loserpoop

I think they have payed attention to these a little, what about the Online/Offline? THat was a suggestion by a couple users and is now splat right by our name on our profiles =D

loserpoop
loserpoop
119 posts
Nomad

i know but thats alot more complicated but i see your point...idk if armor would actually do somthing then it eouldnt matter either way.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

That could work...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well then you could just say on the add on(which would most likely appear below your post).

Check this out!
-------------------------
Oops! That link right there doesn't work here it is.

Showing 1-15 of 33