Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Age of Empires

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 8:47am

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

785 posts

Any other fans of this awesome strategy game? I can play this game for hours. And I do. You have to manage everything about your colony, and fight off other civilizations.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 11:24am

psychoraven

psychoraven

319 posts

Yeah, I used to play this game all the time as a kid and I still do. I remember playing the tutorial mission in aoe2 over and over when i was like 6! Right now I play aoe3 as Japan cause I just love their Yumi archers and samurais.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 12:35pm

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

785 posts

aoe3 as Japan
I have the third one, but there's no Japanese. Are those Japanese mercenaries?

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 5:40pm

psychoraven

psychoraven

319 posts

You need to get the Asian dynasty expansion pack, it comes with China, India and Japan. The other expansion pack is the WarChiefs which comes with 3 Indian tribes (i forget which).

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 8:13am

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,421 posts

I played AoE 1 it was good but you could only train 1 unit at a time you couldn't just make it train 10 units which irritated me.

AoE 2 on the other hand was and still is one of the best strategy games there is my favorite has got to be British longbowmen they destroy enemies if you group together about 30 then put their stance to stand ground then keep slowly moving them forward they insta kill anything they gets within range.

I haven't played AoE 3 I heard it's really bad from a lot of people and I wont be getting it without it is really cheap because I don't want to waste my money.

What does anyone think of AoM I like it alot because it still feels like AoE but it is different because the myth units and the god powers it just makes it a bit more interesting and it rivals AoE 2 in my top 5 RTS games.

Posted Sep 17, '12 at 4:34pm

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

785 posts

You need to get the Asian dynasty expansion pack, it comes with China, India and Japan. The other expansion pack is the WarChiefs which comes with 3 Indian tribes (i forget which).
I don't have any of those.
I haven't played AoE 3 I heard it's really bad from a lot of people and I wont be getting it without it is really cheap because I don't want to waste my money.
It's not a waste of money. You can get it for like $15-20 on ebay. It's really fun, and it isn't very expensive.

Posted Sep 17, '12 at 8:26pm

psychoraven

psychoraven

319 posts

I'm pretty sure there's also a free demo which is basically 1 campaign mission (i think) try it out if your interested.

Posted Sep 17, '12 at 9:33pm

skydragon720

skydragon720

348 posts

They are all great games! I like being the huns and razing all the buildings or using the cheat: how do you turn this on , its a great cheat, try it out!

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 6:37am

psychoraven

psychoraven

319 posts

using the cheat: how do you turn this on
that's for aoe2
for aoe3 try tuck tuck tuck it spawns monster trucks!

Posted Sep 19, '12 at 12:01am

Juanprito

Juanprito

110 posts

I play AO2 with my cousins sometimes. For me that's the best Age of Empire.

I always use the Hunos because I don't have to build houses to expand the population capacity.

Reply to Age of Empires

You must be logged in to post a reply!