ForumsWEPRChinese-Japanese Riots

19 8693
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

Sorry I cannot provide a link, however it should not be hard to find one. Anyways, apparently Chinese and Japanese are rioting over an island dispute which happens to be near petroleum, correct me if I am wrong. What do you think of this? I personally don't think it will continue for much longer, but if I does they shouldn't be going for a war. I think China is smart enough not to attack Japan, and Japan is not supposed to attack anyone anyways. Also if this has been posted before, I apologize.

• 19 Replies
RougeSoul
RougeSoul
2 posts
Nomad

Nah, they will sort it out, its not like North Korea and South Korea :l

EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

Opening three paragraphs from an article on The Drudge Report.

Chinaâs most powerful military leader, in an unusual public statement, last week ordered military forces to prepare for combat, as Chinese warships deployed to waters near disputed islands and anti-Japan protests throughout the country turned violent.

Protests against the Japanese governmentâs purchase of three privately held islands in the Senkakus chain led to mass street protests, the burning of Japanese flags, and attacks on Japanese businesses and cars in several cities. Some carried signs that read âKill all Japanese,â and âFight to the Deathâ over disputed islands. One sign urged China to threaten a nuclear strike against Japan.

Gen. Xu Caihou, vice chairman of the Central Military Commission, considered the most senior military political commissar, said Friday that military forces should be âprepared for any possible military combat,â state run Xinhua news agency reported.

If this was, say, Iran, I'd blow it off. But while China may just be blowing smoke, there might me some merit to this.
christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

it's sad really, but they all have a point. I just wish they weren't so violent.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

If this was, say, Iran, I'd blow it off. But while China may just be blowing smoke, there might me some merit to this.

A month on and nothing happens. China's leadership is undergoing that special once in a decade transition. They won't want to rock the boat.
Showing 16-19 of 19