ForumsWEPRIf Fox News is so ignorant of facts, why so many viewers?

62 23797
StarOfPathz
StarOfPathz
14 posts
Nomad

I like Fox News. I know they are biased for Republicans, but I think they even out the Liberal bias on MSNBC and CNN. I have had people call me ignorant,stupid,biased,etc... for watching Fox News. I watch MSNBC too so I can get a perspective on things. I want to know why,if the people at Fox News are stupid, does Fox News have twice the viewers of other news places. Does this mean the Liberals don't stay up with the news and Conservatives do? what is your take?

• 62 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

2) most people arent aware of fox's tricky tactics. 3) people dont like to do their own research on subjects so they just listen to it on the TV

ignored people watch ignored tv...
or is it the other way around?
ignored tv makes people ignored...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

All networks are biased. News reports might not be unless there are omissions of facts, but it is inescapable. If I view an issue from a certain angle, I will, and that creeps inevitably into reporting. I wouldn't say they are ignorant of ''facts'', but sometimes espouse extreme viewpoints, due to the people they hire, and the head honchos.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

ignored people watch ignored tv...
or is it the other way around?
ignored tv makes people ignored...

It's a two way traffic.
wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

They're pretty racist.

i heard they smoke crack too.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i heard they smoke crack too.

and befor you know the shoot fire from their eye's and lightning out their ars.

oh wait. no.. that is william wallese
phatpastor
phatpastor
12 posts
Herald

rofl...its sad when genuine reporting of facts is seen as biased, while opinion based pieces are the new "middle of the road". The news media in this country is slanted so far left, that anything moderate is considered "right wing".

Facts are facts people; reporting used to be about the 5 W's...now its about ratings.

The fact is, Fox has the most viewers because most people are sick of being told what to believe (having the facts spun), and just want the news...The day CNN or MSNBS figure that out, we might have more than one legit news outlet in America...

phatpastor
phatpastor
12 posts
Herald

lol..."msnbs" is a typo (tho it fits, ) should be MSNBC, obviously

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Fox News is not about... "genuine reporting of facts". They show you what they want you to see, they coarsely manipulate graphs to make the results look different (they can do it coarsely since their regular watchers are too stupid to figure that out).

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

The fact is, Fox has the most viewers because most people are sick of being told what to believe (having the facts spun), and just want the news...The day CNN or MSNBS figure that out, we might have more than one legit news outlet in America...

If they're sick about being told what to believe, why do they watch Fox then?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Facts are facts people

and lies are lies. fox lies allot.
phatpastor
phatpastor
12 posts
Herald

sigh...I weep for this generation.

When people can't discern fact from opinion...

Fox doesn't tell people what to believe, unless your watching an opinion show. It just so happens I can't watch "Hannity" anymore than I can watch "hardball", because they are just strident voices on oppisite sides of the fence.

Reporting facts is what people want to see. When Bengahzi happened, the mainstream media ignored the story, because they were afraid it would make the prez look bad, and he wouldn't get re-elected. THAT is called "spin". Fox news were the only ones to run the story, and called "BS" on the 'video caused this' right from day one. They presented FACTS that could lead to no other conclusion but there was no 'riot' but in fact a terrorist attack.

Other media outlets continue to try and 'spin' what happened there, instead of just reporting facts.

ROFL....I love the meme "fox lies". EVERY single time someone is asked &quotlease give an example of FOX lies?" they can't give one.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

ROFL....I love the meme "fox lies". EVERY single time someone is asked &quotlease give an example of FOX lies?" they can't give one.

Mean like this example?
Busted! Fox News Union Fight Tape Selectively Edited
Steven Crowder: LIAR, LIAR.

Or stuff like this?
FOX NEWS DOESN'T LIE? HA! LIES EXPOSED.
Exposed: How Fox News Lies With Statistics

Those whole channel is full of such examples.
http://www.youtube.com/user/liberalviewer

Mean like how we can't give those examples? Finding examples of Fox News lying is incredibly easy to find.
phatpastor
phatpastor
12 posts
Herald

Yes, because a liberal youtube channel is so unbiased....the commentator can't even get his first sentence out without 'coloring' it w/opinion!

Thanks for the great laugh.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Apart from Mage's links.. it's not only about the flat out lies, it's also, as I said, the way to present simple facts that can be used to influence people. The example of this graph shows how numbers were presented (assuming they are right), yet the impression given is a different one than if it was presented in a neutral way.

Showing 31-45 of 62