ForumsWEPRIf Fox News is so ignorant of facts, why so many viewers?

62 23796
StarOfPathz
StarOfPathz
14 posts
Nomad

I like Fox News. I know they are biased for Republicans, but I think they even out the Liberal bias on MSNBC and CNN. I have had people call me ignorant,stupid,biased,etc... for watching Fox News. I watch MSNBC too so I can get a perspective on things. I want to know why,if the people at Fox News are stupid, does Fox News have twice the viewers of other news places. Does this mean the Liberals don't stay up with the news and Conservatives do? what is your take?

• 62 Replies
Yakanuza
Yakanuza
18 posts
Nomad

IMO, it's complicated.

If something have a LOT of viewers for its quality or whatsoever, it will call attention - thus obtain more viewers. If the news channel is the country's classical (I'm not sure if it is on U.S. though) then it's high likely everyone will watch it.

If something become mainstream, its quality don't need to go getting better to have more viewers. The simple fact it's crowded with people watching is amusing.

Pioneering also matters a bloody lot. If there's a pioneer channel against a new channel, even with worst info said pioneer will be more attractive. That's how I see it, I guess....

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yes, because a liberal youtube channel is so unbiased....the commentator can't even get his first sentence out without 'coloring' it w/opinion!

Thanks for the great laugh

I'm guessing you didn't bother to actually watch any of them.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

EVERY single time someone is asked &quotlease give an example of FOX lies?" they can't give one.

fox news vs the netherlands

watch the video. fox is telling lies.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

EVERY single time someone is asked &quotlease give an example of FOX lies?" they can't give one.

Hey I found an entire site dedicated to the lies Fox News tells.
http://foxnewslies.net/

While I'm at it.
30 reasons why Fox News is not legit
The 8 Worst Examples of Fox News Election Journalism Malpractice (In Just 8 Weeks)
The Ten Most Egregious Fox News Distortions (VIDEO)
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

"Remember the Lord of the Rings? Remember those crystal balls that Sauroman and Denethor look through? Those crystal balls are known in the stories as the palintir, and the thing about the palantir is that they don't say anything that's not true. However they do paint a particular portrait of events, which corrupts the viewer of their visions to the point of view of Sauron. My point is the Fox News seems to me very much like the palintir, only not so beholden to the truth."
~Legolewdite

phatpastor
phatpastor
12 posts
Herald

meh, you can stop with the avalanche of non-facts; the mods here have made it clear who gets free reign, and who doesn't. It was stupid of me to even engage with A Priori 'believers' on a kids gaming site, of all places!

Pretty soured toward the whole armorgames thing in general, but certainly won't be posting on forums

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

meh, you can stop with the avalanche of non-facts; the mods here have made it clear who gets free reign, and who doesn't. It was stupid of me to even engage with A Priori 'believers' on a kids gaming site, of all places!

Pretty soured toward the whole armorgames thing in general, but certainly won't be posting on forums

You take one valid example, and use it as a representation of the liberal media. What makes you so different then from the people you condemn? Labeling us as ''believers'' of some biased liberal conspiracy is pretty **** well doing what you yourself claim to dislike.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Oh and before you continue, most of the people replying to you are actually adults, and not kid gamers. Kthnxbye.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Average fox viewer is less informed than someone who doesn't watch the news at all

"People who
didnât have any reported exposure to news sou
rces were expected to answer 1.28questions correctly"

"someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly"

Basically you're better off not watching any news at all rather than watch Fox.

http://htmlimg2.scribdassets.com/3l1x05xev41m949a/images/4-3a165a72d8.jpg

Here's a video where a guy filmed himself in a study for fox, and showed their completely faked and illegitimate study on marijuana.

Here's a video showing how fox skews their data. There was a video showing a ton of these faked graphs, but i can't find it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark and guess that you didn't watch/read any of the links given..and instead just skipped 'em to go on a blind rampage about how we are the idiots?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

the daily show 1.4? hahaha.
you guys know the daily show is a comedy show right?
befor i heard that people thought that the guy from the daily show was the most reliable man and news source of the year ......
it's awfull to see this happening from the side. dont you guys see that the daily show is comedy? xD

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

the daily show 1.4? hahaha.
you guys know the daily show is a comedy show right?

Yes and it doesn't surprise me in the least that a political satire get's you a better ranking than the major news outlets.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Heh. My grandpa is watching Fox News right now. Currently listening to Hannity arguing with Juan Williams.

Anyways, honestly, I don't know why people enjoy listening to stupid arguments, when in truth, they aren't arguing about anything that will truly effect ME.

I never trust any of the Fox News polls, or the CNN polls, or even the MSNBC polls.

I always come up with my own opinion with these things;

I've learned so much about watching this stuff, like never to trust what any of them say. ARGH!

Why not watch animal planet????

Mickeyryn

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Why not watch animal planet????

cause i like nat-geo more. =P
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I've learned so much about watching this stuff, like never to trust what any of them say. ARGH!

I don't know how you do it, but how do you independently verify say the ground situation in the West Bank if you don't refer to news? Or are you just going to bury your head in the ground like an ostrich and claim everything that goes against your views are fraudulent?
Showing 46-60 of 62