Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

If Fox News is so ignorant of facts, why so many viewers?

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 5:58pm

zeus999

zeus999

34 posts

Really all of the big news stations aren't very helpful. I think it laughable when i here people who's only source of info is cnn or fox etc. and they use it as a source for an argument. If you want news about something research it don't go to fox or cnn.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 6:33pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 8:59pm

BurnKush420

BurnKush420

102 posts

fox news is ignorant of facts, and they also really only show one side of the story, the side that supports their agenda. but the reason they have so many viewers, 1) it is a national news station. 2) most people arent aware of fox's tricky tactics. 3) people dont like to do their own research on subjects so they just listen to it on the TV

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 1:45am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

2) most people arent aware of fox's tricky tactics. 3) people dont like to do their own research on subjects so they just listen to it on the TV

ignored people watch ignored tv...
or is it the other way around?
ignored tv makes people ignored...

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 11:58am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,880 posts

Knight

All networks are biased. News reports might not be unless there are omissions of facts, but it is inescapable. If I view an issue from a certain angle, I will, and that creeps inevitably into reporting. I wouldn't say they are ignorant of ''facts'', but sometimes espouse extreme viewpoints, due to the people they hire, and the head honchos.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 11:58am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,880 posts

Knight

ignored people watch ignored tv...
or is it the other way around?
ignored tv makes people ignored...

It's a two way traffic.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 4:00pm

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 6:13pm

BurnKush420

BurnKush420

102 posts

They're pretty racist.

i heard they smoke crack too.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 6:18pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

i heard they smoke crack too.

and befor you know the shoot fire from their eye's and lightning out their ars.

oh wait. no.. that is william wallese

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 2:47am

phatpastor

phatpastor

19 posts

rofl...its sad when genuine reporting of facts is seen as biased, while opinion based pieces are the new "middle of the road". The news media in this country is slanted so far left, that anything moderate is considered "right wing".

Facts are facts people; reporting used to be about the 5 W's...now its about ratings.

The fact is, Fox has the most viewers because most people are sick of being told what to believe (having the facts spun), and just want the news...The day CNN or MSNBS figure that out, we might have more than one legit news outlet in America...

Reply to If Fox News is so ignorant of facts, why so many viewers?

You must be logged in to post a reply!